Not a great experience so far...

Post your feedback here
W6MKO

Not a great experience so far...

Post by W6MKO » Wed May 23, 2018 11:25 pm

I just got the Pro2 and I can't get it to connect to anything and it is extremly frustrating. I did a lot of research before buying it and followed all of the youtube videos and the manual(s) to get it to connect with my equipment. I'm using a Yaesu FTdx-1200, MFJ-1708SDR, SDRuno and Omni Rig (per the instructions). I'm trying to get all of them synced and working together but nothing is working. I had better luck with my SDR RTL dongle. I hopefully, I can get it all working and enjoy the experience.

Scott
W6MKO
Last edited by W6MKO on Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am, edited 0 times in total.
Reason: No reason

someYguy

Re: Not a great experience so far...

Post by someYguy » Thu May 24, 2018 6:09 pm

Well, if you've followed all of the videos etc. then I'm not sure what to say except that I personally have found that HDSDR is MUCH easier to set up and use with OmniRig than SDRUno is......

W6MKO

Post by W6MKO » Thu May 24, 2018 6:20 pm

Yeah, I think I'm going to go back to HDSDR. I used that and my cheap dongle with HRD and it worked fine using the DDE. You would think they would incorporate DDE into SDRuno. It would make it so much easier.
Last edited by W6MKO on Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am, edited 0 times in total.

RSP2user

Post by RSP2user » Fri May 25, 2018 3:07 am

Scott,

SDRuno v1.23 for the RSPduo includes a DDE interface. Hopefully, the same DDE interface capability will be made available for the RSP2 soon. Also refer to comments here: https://www.sdrplay.com/community/viewt ... f=5&t=3250

mikeladd

Post by mikeladd » Tue May 29, 2018 3:23 pm

SDRuno does not contain a DDE interface like HDSDR does. It has a CAT setting that HRD can use to control SDRuno directly.

You need to configure the rig with Omnirig first. Match com port settings and DTR/RTS Settings.
Launch SDRuno and click the RSYN1 via the RX CONTROL window.

If the rig and omnirig are not set properly...Omnirig compliant apps like SDRuno will not work.
Use the OMNIRIG client app to verify the profile settings are correct inside of Omnirig.