AMAZING! Excellent!

Post your feedback here
jon

AMAZING! Excellent!

Post by jon » Fri Nov 03, 2017 12:55 pm

Some very nice comments have been posted on the eHam review website in the last few days..

KW8L Oct 31, 2017 09:12
AMAZING! Time owned: 0 to 3 months
The RSP2 Pro in one word is, AMAZING! I have had this in my "shack" for a about two months and it does what the manufacturer, SPRplay, says.

Nice to have multiple antenna ports available making it readily adaptable to many different situations and configurations. Small in size, slightly larger than a standard deck of playing cards, all the while being able to "hear" from 1 kHz to 2 GHz. Don't let the packaging and small size fool you. Quality thru and thru.

I use mine with the included SDRuno software, this allows use as a spectrum scope, panadapter, and very wide band receiver. Lots of features, and some what of a steep learning curve, but worth the time to read, and then re-read the manual again.

Should you find yourself in a situation where issues occur, and answers seem not to be readily available, write them a note. They have successfully answered all of my questions. The user groups are a tremendous asset.

All in all, I would give this product a solid 10 out of 10.

Jack - KW8L

M0MSD Rating: 5/5 Oct 31, 2017 07:55
Excellent Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I can't praise both the hardware and the support staff highly enough. I just wish all other companies involved with amateur radio would go the extra mile like the SDRPLAY support staff do. I now have two RSP2 Pro units, one for my FTdx5000 and one for my FTDX 300. Both units do exactly what it says on the box. I wanted to do something not usually available with one of the units, the support staff sent me the necessary parts focus. Do you know another company that would do that? If so please let me know and I'll start using their equipment too.
All I can say is, if you want an SDR or panadaptor then get an SDRPLAY, you won't be disappointed and their software is as good if not better than any other free software you'll find.
Please note that I'm only an end user of the equipment and have no other connection with the company.

AE5J Rating: 5/5 Oct 26, 2017 10:36
Amazing! Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Not many products are as impressive as this little unassuming box. I always wanted to dabble with SDR, but could not justify the expense. I got the SDRPlay RSP2 on sale from HRO because the price was almost too good to be true.

Well the RSP2 is better than I expected - by a large margin. I've been having a great deal of fun prowling around places I only briefly visited many years ago. The receive is, IMHO, every bit as good as some of the more expensive ham transceivers.

The software from SDRuno works very well, albeit there is a learning curve, but it is worth the investment of time. I've also used SDR Console from Simon Brown, the guy who brought us Ham Radio Deluxe. Simon's software is a bit more aimed at the experienced Ham, but SDRuno offers many of the same features. The answer? Install both and enjoy.

I can't add much to what has been said already. Be sure and protect the front end on the RSP2. I just connect my main station antenna to the RSP2 OR the ham transceivers. Works amazingly well.

------
You can compare reviews of other SDRs on the eHam website - http://www.eham.net/reviews/products/8

Reason: No reason