NEW RSP1A User

Post your feedback here
caribeturf

NEW RSP1A User

Post by caribeturf » Fri Jan 26, 2018 9:33 pm

I got into this by first playing around with a cheap dongle and a Ham It Up convertor on HDSDR, I found that I was getting better results from my little Grundig G5 for broadcast band and even Ham SSB. I was looking at getting another conventional radio, something better. The full coverage receivers I was looking at ran about $400USD and up, for that price it seem to me I was better off getting a transceiver but it was too late, I was hooked on SDR. I I went with SDRplay RSP1A and I was amazed at the difference! I was using HDSDR just because I knew it a little but still struggled with it. My RSP1A arrived two days before version SDRUNO 1.22 came out, so I continue to us HDSDR for a couple of weeks. This morning I watched the intro video by KE00G, that prompted me to download SDRUNO 1.22 and give it another try, I am liking it! it takes a little longer for old dogs like me to learn new tricks, so the band presets help a lot, I think this product is perfect for a user like me that has limited radio knowledge but enjoys SWL and wants get something better than conventional radio offering and is able learn to do much more, and not just catering to radio engineers. A job well done and thank you!
Last edited by caribeturf on Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am, edited 0 times in total.
Reason: No reason

Roger

Re: NEW RSP1A User

Post by Roger » Tue Jan 30, 2018 5:49 pm

If you want to learn all about the features in SDRUno here is a link for you. Be sure to check out all the great videos by Mike on Youtube. http://docs-europe.electrocomponents.co ... 55617d.pdf

Reason: No reason