Thumps up to RSP1A and the support team !

Post your feedback here
avk-aero

Thumps up to RSP1A and the support team !

Post by avk-aero » Thu Feb 15, 2018 1:44 pm

Just received and installed this week my new RSP1A.
I experienced no installation issues at all on my WIN7-pro old laptop and immediately started listening to all bands connected a budget indoors discone antenna.

RSP1A is a great value for money SDR box. However, the SDRuno needs further development to become more user friendly with more functions.

The folks at SDRplay support team is very helpful and will answer your questions quickly.
...Keep up the good job folks and the SDRuno software development to become the new SDR software in the market. The hardware job part (RSP1A) is already well done !!!
Last edited by avk-aero on Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am, edited 0 times in total.
Reason: No reason

vk7jj

Re: Thumps up to RSP1A and the support team !

Post by vk7jj » Fri Feb 16, 2018 9:18 am

Hi avk,

you sound a bit like I felt soon after my purchase. Instant delight in the hardware - mouthwatering to think a little black box is about to deliver you effectively zero to 2GHz with a calibration accuracy of a dB or two and direct readout of SNR, truly excellent oscillator stability and accuracy, great sensitivity, brick wall filtering, digital demodulation and full screen visuals with waterfall... and the price was great.

But in between me and all that stood the software.

Like most people I guess, I started with SDRuno. That was a few development iterations ago and it wasn't anywhere near as advanced as it is now. SDRuno left me feeling frustrated because it was so hard to quickly satisfy my technolust, the gratification I was hooked on seemed to be lost in a maze of windows and popup dialogs with sliders and checkboxes everywhere.

I abandoned Uno and tried HDSDR and CubicSDR on the Mac and fell in love with SDR Console. It was much more accessible, it's scrollers on the right let me adjust waterfall etc just as I wanted to and the frequency adjustment control system at the bottom of the screen made it easy to whiz through the bands just as I fancied.

But after a while I found myself wanting more. I won't bore you by listing all the slow realisations, I'll jump straight to the conclusion.

Sure, there are things that can be improved in Uno and that's exciting to look forward to, it would be a bit boring if what we had now was all there was to be. I'm astonished at the quality of SDRuno, the development effort for a piece of code of that complexity is very high and the bugs are remarkably few.

I've long ago fallen out of love with everything but SDRuno, the others may as well not exist for me as I gradually stopped going back to them. I'm sure I'm a pretty ordinary bloke and judging by the various comments here over time many others have followed the same path. The SDRuno development team/people/individuals have my heartfelt thanks.

Please don't think this is in anyway a criticism of you, as I say, as a fellow traveller I felt the same way at the same stage and simply wanted to pass that on and also thank the SDRplay and Uno people for continuing to delight.

All the best, Phil VK7JJ

avk-aero

Re: Thumps up to RSP1A and the support team !

Post by avk-aero » Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:43 pm

Hi Phil VK7JJ and many thanks for your kind experience sharing with me.
I 'm pretty new in the SDR listening sport therefore my experience and opinion certainly cannot stand much.
I just shared my first use impressions and expectations from the software interface hoping to motivate the support and development team (not the other way around). If I failed to do so, please allow me to apologize to you or anyone who felt similar reading my post.
Kind regards, avk-aero !
Last edited by avk-aero on Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am, edited 0 times in total.