Page 1 of 1

RSP1A stopped receiving.

Posted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 12:14 am
by n3hkn
Top left it says the oscillator is locked. The lock option is not set. Locked on 60,000,000. Noise but no stations. had 1 week. reboot, reinstall, different cable. Lots of hours trying all of the myriad of options to no avail.

Sent a msg prior to this but I never saw it appear on the forum.

Re: RSP1A stopped receiving.

Posted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 9:55 am
by n3hkn
My original detailed message disappeared. The published one lacked a few details since I was tired and frustrated after hours of fiddling.

Anyhow, at the time of the failure I was trying to get the RSP1A to act as a panadaptor. I had tried using the DX Labs Commander software but got nowhere. So I turned to the last free version of Ham Radio Deluxe. It was during fiddling with it and SDRuno Version 1.22 that I finally noticed the message saying that the master timing was "Locked To IF Output Frequency". 60.000000 Tried different USB ports and a different USB cable. Reboots, numerous SDRuno reloads, etc. Unless there is a way to reset the clock it is a brick....Dick N3HKN

Re: RSP1A stopped receiving.

Posted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 10:06 am
by sdrplay
I think your original post is here: ... =10&t=3363

In SDRuno, click on OPT->Reset registry and then you'll be back to the default settings.

Sounds like you may have enabled IF output mode if the LO is locked without the LO LOCK light on. If you have, then it will say so in the SP1 spectrum display window.

Best regards,

SDRplay Support

Re: RSP1A stopped receiving. Fixed

Posted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 10:43 am
by n3hkn
Having faith in the product I picked up the cudgel this morning and did more fiddling. Finally, noticed the Set IF Output Frequency in Main Settings.
I set to to 1000000 and 40 meters stuff appeared on the spectrum and LO not locked. Somewhere fiddling with the HRD as panadaptor facilitator I changed this and did not notice the effect until later.
Dick N3HKN