Duo and Mac OS

Post your feedback here
Jim72

Duo and Mac OS

Post by Jim72 » Fri Oct 12, 2018 1:15 pm

Hi,

I currently do not own any SDR equipment....and I am just getting my home station going.....

I want to get the new DUO.....but I am also wanting to go all MAC....

I did find one Youtube that shows how to hookup the RSP1A h[url]ttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dKCRDLz0cI8[/url]

I'll admit I've not tried very hard to figure out the answers to my question by reading....I guess I am hoping the community can give me a kick-start....

So...my questions:
1) Will the DUO work on a MAC (latest OS).....
2) Is CubicSDR the required to use DUO with a MAC...are there any other 'better' options....
3) Do I lose much using DUO on a MAC (User interface, controls, capabilities, etc.)
4) What is the overall feeling about RSP DUO being as 'functional' on a MAC as it is on Windows..

Many thanks in advance!
Last edited by Jim72 on Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am, edited 0 times in total.
Reason: No reason

Toontje

Re: Duo and Mac OS

Post by Toontje » Mon Oct 15, 2018 12:20 pm

1) One may assume so, but i leave that up to the SDRPlay guys to respond.
2) There are a couple of options, however, no "better" ones yet. So there is SDR Uno in VMWare/Parallels/VirtualBox/etc. I run it on VMWare and that works ok. Complete waste of resources, though. All the other options are inferior IMHO. I am trying to get Soapy support into SdrDx, but that's going to take a while, i think.
3) Depends on what you want to do. I use the RSP1a and i don't feel i'm missing anything.
4) When using SDR Uno the experience is the same. However, you do need a Windows VM.

Hope this helps,

Ton.

Reason: No reason