Moved from RSP1 to RSP1a and now i see this...

Post your feedback here
Toontje

Moved from RSP1 to RSP1a and now i see this...

Post by Toontje » Sat Oct 13, 2018 5:55 pm

My RSP1 broke and now i have an RSP1a. I use the RSP with SDRPlay and i have made no changes to the software. After all, there is not so much you can actually change.

This is what i see on all the bands:
Screenshot 2018-10-13 at 19.50.04.jpg
Screenshot 2018-10-13 at 19.50.04.jpg (49.93 KiB) Viewed 12930 times
Notice the spikes? This is on 40m. When i listen on one of those spikes, there is actually nothing there. What can be the reason for getting those spikes?

Reason: No reason

sdrplay

Re: Moved from RSP1 to RSP1a and now i see this...

Post by sdrplay » Sun Oct 14, 2018 8:41 am

The gain control is different - is this in CubicSDR or something else?

Can you show what the settings are and what you are seeing with/without antenna and what signal levels are? Do you see the same in SDRuno?

Best regards,

SDRplay Support

Toontje

[Solved] Re: Moved from RSP1 to RSP1a and now i see this...

Post by Toontje » Sun Oct 14, 2018 10:03 am

Yeah, this is CubicSDR.

I would really love to use SDR Uno, but you would have to create a Mac or Linux version of it. Currently i have it installed in a VM, but it's just not as fluid as CubicSDR. Mainly because CPU usage is just too high.
BTW, i don't see the spikes with the antenna port disconnected, so i guess it's some kind of interference here in the shack.
I'll work on it.

BTW, worked it out. There is nothing a proper USB cable and some ferrite chokes cannot resolve.

BTW2, whenever i try to edit a post i get this message: "You must enter at least two poll options." Same when i try to delete a post. Bug in phpBB?