4 January 2016 reviews

Post your feedback here
jon

4 January 2016 reviews

Post by jon » Sat Feb 06, 2016 7:59 am

here are 4 recent comments from new users who posted on their experiences on the eHam website...

KC8HXO Rating: 5/5 Jan 22, 2016 07:05
What a blast!!!! Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Best investment I have made in radio in quite some time. Having a ball with this thing. Has exceeded my expectations in every way. Been putting off "dipping your toes" into the SDR world? Get one. You won't be sorry.

KA8DJN Rating: 5/5 Jan 20, 2016 13:01
GREAT SDR for the money Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Purchased one of these units from HRO and have been extremely satisfied with it. Had a problem with a software program and even though the issue was not a SDRPlay problem Steve from SDRPlay was very responsive and was able to diagnosis the software issue and stayed in touch with me until resolved. Great customer service.
For the money this is an excellent SDR receiver. My only wish was that it was mounted in an aluminum case in case of RFI but I can say that at this point it has not been a problem.

DB2MJ Rating: 5/5 Jan 2, 2016 02:50
Excellent addition to my shack! Time owned: 3 to 6 months
My main rig is an oldtime Kenwood TS830S. To add the niceties of modern times, I played with cheap 8bit dongles to get an pan adaptor for it. This wasn't too successful. After reading a lot about this inexpensive 12bit SDR with a frequency range from 100kHz to 2GHz I ordered one from England and was positively surprised. A few minutes after connecting the SDRPlay to the IF output of my TS830S I had an excellent pan adapter display using HDSDR as software. Much recommended!

Additionally, I checked the performance as a direct receiver on my ham antennas. Superb results on all ham bands and a SWL'ers dream... excellent price/performance ratio.

WZ2P Rating: 5/5 Jan 1, 2016 17:27
Excellent addition to my station Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I've had the receiver for 2 months. I have used it primarily as a pan display for the TS590S. Connecting the SDRplay to the 590 is well documented on the Internet and pretty simple. This combination really enhances the already good performance of the 590 and brings me features found in much more expensive radios. Also the SDRplay can be used in sync with the 590 or as a completely separate receiver, which is a bonus. At $150.00 it's well worth the money. In my own research on the SDRplay, I was confused by how several reviewers claimed the performance wasn't to expectation for a device at this price point. That has not been my experience thus far.
Last edited by jon on Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am, edited 0 times in total.
Reason: No reason

GasMan

Re: 4 January 2016 reviews

Post by GasMan » Mon Feb 15, 2016 6:10 am

The SDRplay, if I were to give it a rating from 1 - 10...it would be a 15!! :mrgreen:
Last edited by GasMan on Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am, edited 0 times in total.
Reason: No reason