RSPDuo and SDRUNO 1.24

Discussions about everything to do with SDRuno
Paul

RSPDuo and SDRUNO 1.24

Post by Paul » Fri Dec 14, 2018 9:37 pm

Having (almost) "cut my teeth on the excellent RSP2," I have now set up an RSPduo, dowloaded and insalled the software (very familiar with the process) and have run it very successfully in Single Tuner mode.
I have previously not used a Master/Slave configuration, but have run into a couple of problems.
The pre-designed default configuration loads and functions perfectly. However, having selected this tuner as master and used the optional auto-arrange master layout for this tuner (which comes up as a bit of a mess - absolutely not as advertised) and activated activated a second intance (the second tuner), the main panel for this does not load, although the RX panel does when selected, along with the SP1 & 2 panels, so I'm rather stumped at the moment.
I have gone through a couple of resets and programme uninstals/reloads several times with no change to this.
Does anyone have any advice or a olution please?

Reason: No reason

Tech_Support

Re: RSPDuo and SDRUNO 1.24

Post by Tech_Support » Fri Dec 14, 2018 10:15 pm

Hello Paul,
When you run the second instance of SDRuno, the Main panel may sit exactly on top of the main panel of the first. Are you absolutely certain that it is not there?

Sincerely

Tech_Support

Paul

Post by Paul » Sat Dec 15, 2018 7:11 am

Thank you for looking Support - I had hoped that someone may have an answer rather than raise a ticket(?).
However, I can confirm that unfortunately invoking the second/slaved VRX/Tuner loads the following panels only.
RX CONTROL/SP1/SP2.
The Main & Memory panels are not loaded.
I have made 4 screenshots to illustrate all opened panels (by dragging and overlaying).

Paul

Post by Paul » Sun Dec 16, 2018 7:59 am

I have found that in my case, using the RSPDuo and invoking the "Slave" receiver automatically produces exactly the following result (shown in the Manual extract below).
Sadly, I cannot see any value in the rather messy (corrupted?) Auto-layout option that I am presented with, but it's easy to produce one's own (I think).
Obviously, I don't know the answer, but at least it IS working (whether or not I'm missing out on something I just don't know.
Whilst a little confusing, I am able to use it in this configuration successfully. I have also found it possible to run the Master and two additional instances (Slaves) and/or the three RSP instances and one of SDR# running a reasonable RTL RX. (Computer is an old Dell "modified" i5 laptop with a SSD and 8GB).

SDRUno Manual extract:

3.8 Adding and Removing a VRX

SDRuno must be stopped to add or remove a VRX.

ADD VRX – This allows you to add an additional VRX, this can only be added if the RSP is stopped. The additional VRX must be in the selected bandwidth you have selected (SR MHZ).

DEL VRX – This allows you to delete the VRX last on the list.

Each VRX includes four default windows: SP1, SP2, RX Control & RX EX Control windows.

sdrplay

Post by sdrplay » Mon Jan 07, 2019 11:31 am

Hello Paul,

Can you share the screengrabs showing the problem, also what screen resolution are you using?

Thanks and best regards,

Andy