v1.97 released 20 Sept. 2016

Discussions about everything to do with SDRuno
17chris17

v1.97 released 20 Sept. 2016

Post by 17chris17 » Wed Sep 21, 2016 3:52 pm

Hello,
I have just received a SDRplay RSP and I am having a few problems setting it up with SDRuno v1.97. I am running Windows 7 Professional, 64-bit.
After loading the software and running the Mirics SDR Tools, I got the message 'Can't start because VCRUNTIME140.dll is missing'. I cured this by uninstalling the SDRuno software, installing both VC_redist.x86.exe and VC_redist.x64.exe from the Microsoft website, and then reinstalling the SDRuno software.
I then connected the SDRplay RSP and it seems to have been recognised and the drivers loaded for it. Now, I expected to find a shortcut or an executable file in the desktop programs listings to launch the main software package. The programs listings includes a 'Mirics SDR folder', but the only executable within this folder is 'Mirics SDR Tools' (apart from an uninstall).
If I hit the 'Mirics SDR Tools', it returns a window headed 'MIRICS Ltd SDR API Evaluation Tool', which probably looks correct.
Forgive me if I being stupid, but I can't see how to launch the SDRuno software in order to display the software's first 'MAIN control panel'.
Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Many thanks,
Chris.
Last edited by 17chris17 on Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am, edited 0 times in total.
Reason: No reason

Misterj

Re: v1.97 released 20 Sept. 2016

Post by Misterj » Wed Sep 21, 2016 5:59 pm

Chris, I don't think you need anything but SDRuno (contains the latest driver) installed to use the SDRPlay. As well as I can determine, the Mirics stuff is for the Mirics HW, which I do not own so cannot comment. The API (and perhaps the Mirics SW) is needed if you are going to write SW for the SDRPlay and need to control the HW. I suggest you remove all the unneeded SW, install the latest version of SDRuno (1.03 currently) and run it. Please let us hear how it goes. Enjoy, John.
Last edited by Misterj on Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am, edited 0 times in total.

17chris17

Re: v1.97 released 20 Sept. 2016

Post by 17chris17 » Wed Sep 21, 2016 8:13 pm

Hello John,
Thank you for your fast reply. I have it sorted and it was my fault! I followed the web page steps through the registration procedure (country, purchase location, operating system etc.). This guided procedure then takes you through the API/Driver and MiricsSDRAP Installer download / installation. After that it asked me to select the software I would be using (HDSDR, SDR-Console or SDR#). Since none of these was applicable to me I continued through to the next step which implied that I had finished the software loading and it was ready to use. I foolishly thought that the SDRuno software was included in the code that I had already downloaded, but, in fact, it is elsewhere on some other webpage. Still my mistake!
All the best,
Chris.
Last edited by 17chris17 on Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am, edited 0 times in total.