undefined external error !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussions about everything to do with SDRuno
bubblegumpi

undefined external error !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by bubblegumpi » Sat Oct 15, 2016 9:27 am

So I just installed SDRUno . I used my new sdrplay about three times today worked great. BUT, now when I start it up and press the play! button a message pops up that says "undefined external error".

I thought that was the bug where you have to be a valid frequency on start up; was on 0, so I changed to 150Khz saved the profile by doing ctrl left clicking. Closed the program opened and same thing. My new toy can't be broken this fast?!?!?! :shock:
Last edited by bubblegumpi on Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am, edited 0 times in total.
Reason: No reason

Misterj

Re: undefined external error !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by Misterj » Sat Oct 15, 2016 2:57 pm

bubblegumpi, I strongly suspect that your new toy is not broken. I suspect Windows has lost contact with the HW. Have you tried unplugging and plugging your SDRPlay, power cycling your computer or at least restarting. I have seen this same message and it has always been easily corrected. Try having the SDR plugged in when opening SDRuno. You can also try another application such as SDR-Radio or HDSDR. Good luck and enjoy, John.

bubblegumpi

Re: undefined external error !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by bubblegumpi » Sun Oct 16, 2016 1:04 am

So strange. Did all the usual things, unplug, re-plug, restart. Tried in SDRUno and SDRConsole. No luck. I got frustrated, set the laptop aside, and went to bed. Today I just clicked on SDRUno pressed play and it works just fine. No restarting or unpluging just opened up the program and it worked normal and still does...

Also when I say some sort of computer related software or equipment is "broken" I don't mean it has a physical defect or is defective requiring replacement, I just mean it's not working the way its supposed to. Perhaps I will be more literal next time.
Last edited by bubblegumpi on Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am, edited 0 times in total.