Saving setup in SDR UNO

Discussions about everything to do with SDRuno
W9KJO

Saving setup in SDR UNO

Post by W9KJO » Wed Oct 19, 2016 12:20 am

Is there a way to save the whole setup of a workspace in SDR UNO including the freqs and pass band settings?

I know how to save the workspace but it does not save the freqs and other settings.

With Multiple VFO's for digital it would help greatly if all could be saved.

Thanks 73.

W9KJO

Reason: No reason

sdrplay

Re: Saving setup in SDR UNO

Post by sdrplay » Wed Oct 19, 2016 7:48 am

This is currently not possible. It's on our list to support individual RX control panel frequencies and setup in a future release.

Best regards,

SDRplay Support

W9KJO

Post by W9KJO » Fri Oct 21, 2016 3:10 am

OK Thanks, I will look forward to this upgrade.

JJ_in_TN

Post by JJ_in_TN » Mon Mar 18, 2019 10:24 pm

This feature was mentioned in 2015 as "planned", yet when I save my workspace with multiple receivers in 1.3, they are all restored with the same frequency. Is this a bug or has that feature not been added yet?

I like to have 8 Aircraft receivers up simultaneously. Putting the frequencies in the individual receivers each time I start the program is horrendous. Even pulling them from memory banks is scant help, unless I am doing it wrong and there is a way to easily create a VRX for each memory in a bank?

The latest manual has this as the recommended procedure:

"In this context recalling a memory location means assigning its Frequency and Mode parameters to a SDRuno VRX. As an instance of SDRuno can have more than one VRX you need a way to tell the Memory panel which is your “target” VRX: this is the purpose of the MCTR button on the RX Control panel. The MCTR button “connects” a specific VRX to the Memory panel for some operations. A mutual exclusion logic is implemented: only one VRX can be assigned at a given time (inside the same application instance). Once a VRX is “connected” recalling a memory location is straightforward: simply click on any cell of the wanted memory location (row). "

"Connect" the Memory panel to each VRX separately, then pull in a single frequency? Seriously? I think this is an area that could use some love. Clearly the devs consider the use of many (more than one?) VRXs as an unusual configuration, yet it is a key feature of the program.

Someone is bound to ask why I don't use the scanning feature instead, but a moment's thought will tell you that is not the same thing at all. I have the capabilility to listen to multiple frequencies simultaneously, and I want to use it.

This is not to say I don't think SDRuno is amazing software, and included free to boot. I am delighted to see the improvements in 1.3, especially since that paves the way for diversity and other goodies in the next version. Keep up the good work, and thank you.