Won't load a new file for playback while playing a file

Discussions about everything to do with SDRuno
W3SWL

Won't load a new file for playback while playing a file

Post by W3SWL » Fri Nov 25, 2016 4:03 pm

Using 1.11 but noticed this problem on the prior version, too: I'm playing back an SDRPlay recorded .wav file, then want to load another .wav file for playback - SDRUno allows me to navigate to and select another .wav file, but pressing green "play" button doesn't start playback. Tried using both OPT | Select Input | WAV file in MAIN window and FILE in the RECORDER window. No playback is possible until I completely close the SDRuno application and restart it, then I can select and play a .wav file. This consistently occurs all the time. Also notice on Perseus and Elad recorded .wav files.

Brett Saylor
W3SWL
Last edited by W3SWL on Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am, edited 0 times in total.
Reason: No reason

13dka

Re: Won't load a new file for playback while playing a file

Post by 13dka » Fri Nov 25, 2016 9:16 pm

I can confirm the behavior as far as after loading another file the play button stays lit and does not react. However all I have to do is clicking stop and then the play button again to hear the other file (which is what I would have expected). So the bug could rather be that opening the file->open dialog stops playback but the transport keys/logic don't get notified about that.

W3SWL

Post by W3SWL » Sat Nov 26, 2016 4:25 pm

Ah, that's the trick! Yes, clicking "stop" then "play" allows the next file to play. Thanks so much for the tip!

Brett
Last edited by W3SWL on Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am, edited 0 times in total.

13dka

Post by 13dka » Sat Dec 03, 2016 10:57 am

Now I can"t get SDRuno to open files anymore - all that works is right-clicking the recorder panel to select a recording path, and recording into that folder. No file->open dialog, file list or anything. Am I just stupid today or is that really broken?

DanubeBCL

Post by DanubeBCL » Sat Dec 03, 2016 12:43 pm

Click on OPT in MAIN window, Select input, WAV file?
73, Heinrich

13dka

Post by 13dka » Sun Dec 04, 2016 8:17 am

D'oh! <insert random facepalm icon here>

(After I was obviously able to find that a few days ago, I spend the following days playing a bit with recording larger swaths of spectrum in HDSDR, where you just click the play button to get a file browser, also it was very early in the morning for me and I ran out of coffee, then there was an earthquake....locusts...LOCUSTS!!) :mrgreen:

Anyway, thank you very much, Sir!