SDRUno setup with RSP2

Discussions about everything to do with SDRuno
lciummo

SDRUno setup with RSP2

Post by lciummo » Tue Nov 29, 2016 6:52 pm

Hi:

I've purchased an RSP2 and attached antennae to the A and B ports - one a 2M and one a wideband scanner antenna. I've been having trouble receiving stations. I can enter a US FM broadcast frequency (90.9Mhz) and hear a scratchy station. I've also tried a local NOAA VHF weather station that I can pick up with a marine receiver (162.550Mhz). I think I've entered the frequency 162.550.000 ok - which is 162,500,000 in US) but no audio decoded. If don't fully understand all the BW, filter, DSP, and other options in the SRDUno, but what I'd like is a setup to test some broadcast stations in various bands to see if the thing works. I'm looking for a cookbook or screenshot configuration, or at least a step by step configuration option. Is there a reference for that.

Thanks
Larry

PS: How can the freq display be changed from 123.56.789 to the the US way 123,456,789.0.
Last edited by lciummo on Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am, edited 0 times in total.
Reason: No reason

g1hbe

Re: SDRUno setup with RSP2

Post by g1hbe » Tue Nov 29, 2016 11:01 pm

Hi Larry. It's hard to think what may be happening, but a common mistake is to use 'reverse' SMA plugs. These look like normal plugs but they don't have a pin. Using these causes zero signal on HF and weak signals on VHF/UHF. This has caught out a number of people. Also make sure the AGC is ON (set it to MED) and set the front end gain to about half way.
And make sure antenna A or B is selected, not the Hi-z one.

For marine listening, the mode selector should be set to FM and the width to NFM. Make sure the squelch is OFF.
For FM broadcast, again select FM but this time select the WFM button.
I'm surprised a USA citizen is asking for comma separators, that's the European way! We in the UK use decimal points. I'm not sure it can be changed.

For info on a cookbook and some great help, head over to the Facebook site. There are probably links to be found here somewhere.

Andy

lciummo

Re: SDRUno setup with RSP2

Post by lciummo » Sun Dec 04, 2016 9:37 am

Thanks. The antenna was OK. The NFM setting was the key to getting the voice from the NOAA stations around 160Mhz FM. I can see all the nearby stations when I increase the signal processing bandwidth now.

My freq preference would be 162,500,000.000 Mhz, but the more I use SDRUno, I get used to the alternative display.

Thanks for your help.

Larry
Last edited by lciummo on Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am, edited 0 times in total.