Set-up Issue with HRD

Discussions about everything to do with SDRuno
Cooperstown39

Set-up Issue with HRD

Post by Cooperstown39 » Wed Jan 04, 2017 10:23 pm

I would like to set-up HRD to control the SDRplay Pro2. Followed the instructions but I do not get the "Connected" message when clicking on the "Enable and Connect" box in the CAT settings. With the box checked, I just get the following error message;

VRX#0: The specified com device doesn't exist or is already open

Again, just trying to use HRD to control the SRDplay, no transceiver involved (that will come later).

Any all suggestions are welcome!
Last edited by Cooperstown39 on Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am, edited 0 times in total.
Reason: No reason

DanubeBCL

Re: Set-up Issue with HRD

Post by DanubeBCL » Thu Jan 05, 2017 1:01 pm

When HRD uses COM10 you must specify COM11 in SDRuno (or vice versa). You cannot use the same COM port on both sides unless you use splitters.
Which COM port emulator are you using? (VSPE, com0com, VSP Manager by K5FR...)
When you created the virtual COM port pair, did the emulator (VSPE, com0com, VSP Manager by K5FR or whatever you use) report success? If not, you are probably trying to create a pair from COM ports which are already in use. The emulator must report "OK" or something. Did you verify this in your emulator?
The image shows an example with VSPE.
73, Heinrich
Attachments
vspeok.jpg
vspeok.jpg (46.28 KiB) Viewed 10293 times

Cooperstown39

Re: Set-up Issue with HRD

Post by Cooperstown39 » Sat Jan 07, 2017 3:38 am

DanubeBCL wrote:When HRD uses COM10 you must specify COM11 in SDRuno (or vice versa). You cannot use the same COM port on both sides unless you use splitters.
Which COM port emulator are you using? (VSPE, com0com, VSP Manager by K5FR...)
When you created the virtual COM port pair, did the emulator (VSPE, com0com, VSP Manager by K5FR or whatever you use) report success? If not, you are probably trying to create a pair from COM ports which are already in use. The emulator must report "OK" or something. Did you verify this in your emulator?
The image shows an example with VSPE.
73, Heinrich
Thanks for the reply and the pic! I had the port set-up incorrectly. Everything is now working.

Last edited by Cooperstown39 on Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am, edited 0 times in total.