SDRuno suggestions...

Discussions about everything to do with SDRuno
NoelC

SDRuno suggestions...

Post by NoelC » Mon Jan 23, 2017 4:37 pm

I'm still a pretty new user, though I now know enough that maybe my input would be useful...

Some suggestions to improve the control of SDRuno, based on my usage of version 1.12 with my RSP1:
  • The Offs (offset) frequency shown when Synchronous AM mode is selected seems to be be off by double... Try tuning WWV then switching to SAM. Assuming your clock is not perfect it will show an offset. Now change the tuner frequency by half the amount shown.
  • The Synchronous AM Mode (SAM) should affect notch frequencies. As a test, try filtering out -600, -500, +500, and +600 Hz on WWV.
  • The Memory Panel should auto save whatever is put into the current set. I don't know how many times I've lost an entry right after adding it because I didn't remember to Save bank.
  • The AGC affects the Noise Blanking level, essentially making using both together impossible. The IF Gain reduction should factor into the noise blanking calculations.
Some questions:
  • Are there plans to interpret FM digital signals? Not that 192K SWFM is bad quality, but...
  • I think I read that maybe there's a scanning feature in the future. Is it true? That would make browsing police/fire/etc frequencies as well as VHF air traffic control
-Noel

Reason: No reason

NoelC

Re: SDRuno suggestions...

Post by NoelC » Thu Jan 26, 2017 6:51 pm

I can't seem to edit posts. No matter. Here's another bug:
  • The Minimize All function often misses minimizing one of the windows. Also, It'd be nice if it worked whenever any of the windows was minimized or restored.
-Noel

SolderSoldier

Post by SolderSoldier » Fri Feb 10, 2017 6:45 am

I'm having problems with the MA 'Minimize All' function too. Seems like it worked erratically the first day I installed the software, such that some, but not all windows minimized. And since that first day or so, it fails to minimize any other but the main window. I hesitate going through the trouble of reinstalling the software since without some hint as to what happened, I expect that it will only fail again.
Last edited by SolderSoldier on Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am, edited 0 times in total.

g1hbe

Post by g1hbe » Fri Feb 10, 2017 9:10 am

This is odd. I have the 'MA' button permanently engaged and I shut down the program by clicking the standard windows X button in the top corner of the small MAIN panel. Works every single time.

Andy

g1hbe

Post by g1hbe » Fri Feb 10, 2017 11:21 am

My suggestion is a faster 'slow' setting for the waterfall. HDSDR has a variable speed, but Uno has only a x100 setting which is very slow.

Andy

g4enz

Post by g4enz » Fri Feb 10, 2017 1:19 pm

g1hbe wrote:My suggestion is a faster 'slow' setting for the waterfall. HDSDR has a variable speed, but Uno has only a x100 setting which is very slow.
I have just done a little test looking at the SP2 waterfall when set to its maximum height.

With refresh rate slider set to minimum I see 65 seconds of history. If I then set refresh rate to maximum and click x100 I see 125 seconds of history. I would therefore amend your suggestion to request that the "hole" gets filled in. Make it such that, when the slider is at its slowest without x100 being set, it has the same effect as when the slider is at its fastest with x100 set.

73 Martin - G4ENZ

g1hbe

Post by g1hbe » Fri Feb 10, 2017 1:22 pm

I'd go for that, Martin.

Andy

rskunath

Post by rskunath » Sat Feb 11, 2017 8:00 pm

I'd like to see SP2 show the actual frequencies as an option, not just the +/- frequency offset.
Last edited by rskunath on Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am, edited 0 times in total.

NoelC

Post by NoelC » Mon Feb 13, 2017 5:31 pm

g1hbe wrote:This is odd. I have the 'MA' button permanently engaged and I shut down the program by clicking the standard windows X button in the top corner of the small MAIN panel. Works every single time.
That's not what the MA button does.

Try minimizing it using the Minimize button [_ ] just to the left to the [X].

From where I sit, only the Minimize button in the RX CONTROL window ever causes more than one window to minimize, and sometimes all of them, but usually not. Any other window's Minimize button just causes THAT window to minimize. I suggest that with [MA] pressed, ANY Minimize button should cause all windows to minimize, and clicking on any of the windows in the Taskbar should restore the entire set as a group.

-Noel

NoelC

Post by NoelC » Mon Feb 13, 2017 6:28 pm

I thought of another feature it would be nice to have: A squelch engage delay

For listening to weak signals - e.g., HF Air Traffic Control - it would be nice if once the squelch is broken there could be a configurable delay (e.g., a few seconds) before re-squelching.

Many times weak signals reach peaks high enough to break the squelch, but then one loses subsequent weak conversation because it re-squelches too quickly/easily.

Thanks.

-Noel