SDRuno suggestions...

Discussions about everything to do with SDRuno
OH2BUA

Re: SDRuno suggestions...

Post by OH2BUA » Wed Feb 15, 2017 3:44 am

In my wish list the number one is a Recording Scheduler.

In HDSDR it is implemented in a great way.

Also I would like to see a command-line parameter to start an immediate recording.

73, Jukka

Reason: No reason

SierraDeltaRomeo

Post by SierraDeltaRomeo » Thu Feb 16, 2017 3:34 pm

I'd like to see CAT setting and/or Rsync, mode and filter settings stored with Workplace settings. I use WSJT-X and FLDigi a lot in addition basic shortwave listening and workplaces seem like a logical place to store and recall these different settings. But after a few days of trying various combinations and checking these forums, workspaces just seems to store on-screen windows/position data.
Last edited by SierraDeltaRomeo on Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am, edited 0 times in total.

NoelC

Post by NoelC » Sat Feb 18, 2017 11:00 am

Have you experimented with the MEM panel? That doesn't store all the settings you describe, but it can get you part of the way there.

-Noel

Fractal1

Post by Fractal1 » Mon Feb 20, 2017 1:01 am

Can we please have items stored in the memory bank displayed in the spectrum? as far as i'm aware, sdr# is the only program i can find that allows this and it's really the only issue stopping me from using sdruno or studio1 for that matter.

4nradio

Post by 4nradio » Mon Feb 20, 2017 7:52 pm

OH2BUA wrote:In my wish list the number one is a Recording Scheduler.

In HDSDR it is implemented in a great way.

Also I would like to see a command-line parameter to start an immediate recording.

73, Jukka
Same here, Jukka! A recording scheduler like HDSDR would be wonderful. This is something that was asked for many times since the introduction of Studio 1, but it never appeared. It would be worthwhile to have it as a SDRuno feature.

73, Guy
Last edited by 4nradio on Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am, edited 0 times in total.

octave9

Post by octave9 » Sun Feb 26, 2017 10:16 am

I've only had mine a few days and I only managed to use it for a few hours last night, so it may be that I'm missing some things which are fixed somehow.

First shock was that the 'main sp' window is size limited. I want it full screen which is 2560x1440. Actually that was the second shock. First was the tiny (unreadable in some places for these old eyes) text. The fixed size of many of the control dialogues didn't help with that. I understand the problem. It comes up a lot with GUIs I use for controlling virtual synthesisers (VSTi). Drag resizing is not allowed there, possibly because the aspect ratio must be maintained. What they do is provide a GUI scale menu option allowing sizes like 120% - 200% so aspect ratio is maintained. Please do something similar if possible. Currently; I'm having to drag controls to a 1080p screen so I can read them.

I'd got it all looking good when I shut down last night (about 2 am this morning). I had a feeling it would let me down today and sure enough 'Main' appears top left default position on its own! Clocks still say 2017 something, so I haven't slipped into a different space-time continuum. How can you not save size, position etc. information about every dialog and put it all back where it was? Can only presume I'm missing a setting somewhere. Or developers prefer to set theirs up every run?

Great radio. Superbly functional software. Pretty good audio quality, but all let down (for me) by the above. Sorry to be negative.

NoelC

Post by NoelC » Sun Feb 26, 2017 10:28 pm

You point out an issue that seems common with new users (based on my reading)... The product SHOULD remember where you left it without your having to do anything.

But don't despair, there's a pretty good workaround. What you need to do when you have things set up the way you like is save your workspace as a named workspace. Since I have 3 monitors I've saved "Left Monitor", "Main Monitor", and "Right Monitor" workspaces. Then the application comes up with the last workspace you were set to.

To save a workspace, Click here, then Control-Click the slot you want the workspace saved in.

Like you I would like to see the waterfall windows expandable without practical limit. I have a 2560 pixel wide monitor as well.

-Noel

octave9

Post by octave9 » Sun Feb 26, 2017 11:02 pm

Thanks for that Noel. I don't have a keyboard on my Windows PC, so I would never have found that, except I did eventually notice the "Default Workspace" text in the Main dialog was clickable and workspaces could be loaded that way.

I'll keep the virtual keyboard on the desktop. It's useful for Print Screen as well.

ETA: Well that doesn't work because the virtual keyboard grabs the focus and the selection box disappears. I suppose it isn't too much trouble to find a spare keyboard any time I want to save a layout, for now, but it needs a better way.