New User Problems

Discussions about everything to do with SDRuno
Cheemag

New User Problems

Post by Cheemag » Fri Apr 07, 2017 6:53 pm

Hello,

Some of these queries I thought I'd entered earlier today, but cannot now find them.

How do I know which receiver I'm listening to? It seems impossible to kill the audio from any one receiver, and I end up listening to them all.
VRX 0 cannot be switched off and its audio will interfere with that of the other VRXs. How do I get around this nonsense?

How do I enter a decimal point when using the keypad to input a frequency? There's no key with a dot !

How do I enter a VHF frequency? At the moment I have to press the 2 metres button and tune down or up with the mouse wheel.

I have managed to tune the receiver to 101.7 MHz FM in VRX0. Entering 4738 CW in the frequency box does nothing, it continues
to output 101.7 and cannot be stopped. Taking the antenna out, switching antennas or even killing the programme won't get rid of it ... total madness !

(Windows 7 Pro 64-bit. RSP2Pro. SDRuno)

Regards

JimD
Last edited by Cheemag on Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am, edited 0 times in total.
Reason: No reason

octave9

Re: New User Problems

Post by octave9 » Sat Apr 08, 2017 11:35 pm

Hi Jim,

I also found it pretty unintuitive, but it looks so good and works so well it's worth persevering I think.

I can't help much as I haven't tried to use more than one VRX, or the keypad frequency entry. Hopefully someone else can put you right on those, but you can MUTE the volume of the main one (by clicking the button with that name, which is to the left of the orange volume slider in the RX control window). I expect it's the same for others.

Large frequency shifts are best accomplished with the scroll wheel over any digit (visible or not) in the frequency display in the panadapter/waterfall window, or the one in the RX control window. The window needs to have the focus (the title is red when it has) and you'll see a small line over the digits when you hover there. If you're on 101.7 MHz FM in VRX0 a single scroll up while you're over the invisible digit to the left of the most significant 1 will QSY you up 1GHz. You can adjust any digit up or down that way.

Actually, any window with a frequency display gets the focus when you hover over the digits, but the waterfall/pan window doesn't get it if you're simply scrolling anywhere else but over the digits :)

Beware of adjusting the gain when the focus is with MAIN.

Hoping it helps a little, although I expect you may have discovered those things already.

Good dx,
John.

W2DLC

Post by W2DLC » Tue Apr 25, 2017 4:04 pm

At the bottom of the Receiver window is a yellow Audio Volume Gain slider bar. At the left side of the bar, click "Mute" to turn off the volume for a particular VRX.

GerryAttric

Post by GerryAttric » Sat Nov 18, 2017 7:07 am

Is there a way of entering freq with the keypad? Keypad only being numeric?
Is there a way of dumping the amateur bands from the keypad and substituting broadcast bands?
Last edited by GerryAttric on Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am, edited 0 times in total.

pgoelz

Post by pgoelz » Sat Nov 18, 2017 1:49 pm

GerryAttric wrote:Is there a way of entering freq with the keypad? Keypad only being numeric?
Is there a way of dumping the amateur bands from the keypad and substituting broadcast bands?
Try using the memory panel. It is much more useful than the preset bands because it lets you store bandwidth, antenna and mode along with the frequency. And note that you can save and recall more than one memory panel if you want to keep things in logical groups.

Hang in there.... SDRUno is a very complicated piece of software but after getting to know it, I find there are very few things it cannot do. It helps to carefully read through the manual a couple time with an eye to what you can do with each of the features described. The manual is surprisingly concise, thorough and well written. Take it slowly and work on one "puzzle" at a time so you don't get too overwhelmed.

Paul

GM4FDM

Post by GM4FDM » Fri Nov 24, 2017 3:47 pm

I just got my RSP1A couple of days ago and disappointed that I cannot get SDRUno to work.........
HDSDR and SDRConsole work well with the RSP1A but I cannot get SDRUno to "see" the RSP1A. I have tried to follow the instructions in the maunal but I am only marginally computer literate. It tells me what to do, but does not tell me what do do if the preceeding step does not take place.
I have set up my workspace but when I try to open the receiver nothing appears to happen. I get no waterfall nor display of any kind in the Mian SP window. When I press play - nothing appears to happen and often the whole software locks up and I have to sometimes manually to quit the programme and re-start it. As I say HDSDR works very well. So it must be something I am doing - or not doing causing the problem
I am running it on a windows 10 platform my PC is Intel Core (TM)2 Quad Q6600 @ 2.4Ghz 8m RAM
with 1Tb hard disk, so it should eat it I would have thought.

Any help for an old newbie appreciated.

Tom

mikeladd

Post by mikeladd » Sat Nov 25, 2017 4:38 am

Before you hit PLAY in the MAIN module
Hit the OPT button (also in the MAIN module)
Select RESET.
Reboot the machine

Rerun SDRuno

Paul

Re: New User Problems - frequency entry

Post by Paul » Sat Nov 25, 2017 2:01 pm

Please note that there is a "." top left on the uno keypad and "mhz" top right.
So, enter whole Mhz - tap dot - complete entry - tap Mhz.
It is in the revised manual....

pgoelz

Post by pgoelz » Sat Nov 25, 2017 8:54 pm

Cheemag wrote:I have managed to tune the receiver to 101.7 MHz FM in VRX0. Entering 4738 CW in the frequency box does nothing, it continues
to output 101.7 and cannot be stopped. Taking the antenna out, switching antennas or even killing the programme won't get rid of it ... total madness !
That sounds suspiciously like a bug that I reported via support ticket but cannot duplicate (and neither can the support folks so far). What I reported was that the software acted as though the LO LOCK was active even though the LO LOCK button was NOT active. Tuning attempts moved the frequency cursor instead of the waterfall and the receiver could not be tuned beyond the edges of the sampled bandwidth. The only way to clear it was to terminate the program and re-launch it.

This has happened to me twice so far but I have not (yet) been able to duplicate it at will so they have not been able to find the problem and fix it.

Paul

GM4FDM

Post by GM4FDM » Tue Nov 28, 2017 3:41 pm

mikexeno wrote:Before you hit PLAY in the MAIN module
Hit the OPT button (also in the MAIN module)
Select RESET.
Reboot the machine

Rerun SDRuno
OK, so now I have a receiver screen with a waterfall and SP display and I get hiss in my speakers, but I am not receiving any station even local WFM broadcast. Where do I go from here, I do not find the manual very intuitive?? The same receiver, cbale set up etc, works VERY well with HDSDR software? I am just finding SDRUno hard to get to grips with