Just downloaded SDR UNO 1.13

Discussions about everything to do with SDRuno
W9KJO

Just downloaded SDR UNO 1.13

Post by W9KJO » Sat Apr 22, 2017 11:10 pm

I have this set on 2 Mhz on my laptop but when I scroll the 80m band from 3.816 I can't go any farther on the band than 3.900. Why does it stop there.

I am using only one VFO. I think the center freq is set way low but I cant seem to find where that central freq is located in the software. It needs to be centered on the band or very close to the band I would think.

How do I correct for this problem?

Thanks W9KJO

Reason: No reason

Tech_Support

Re: Just downloaded SDR UNO 1.13

Post by Tech_Support » Mon Apr 24, 2017 11:33 am

If you are new to SDRuno, there is a comprehensive user manual that can be downloaded from:

http://www.sdrplay.com/docs/SDRplay_SDR ... Manual.pdf

Sincerely

SDRplay Tech_Support

W9KJO

Post by W9KJO » Mon Apr 24, 2017 1:05 pm

I have been using SDR uno for some time on my desktop. I don't have this problem on my desktop, just on the laptop. The manual does not seem to address this or not that I can find.

Please help me straighten this out. I cannot seem to find a difference in setting between the laptop and the desktop.

On the desktop I can scroll and view the whole 8 band but not on the laptop. An earlier version of SDR uno would open a window that allowed some selection of the if frequency. Can't find that window on 1.13.

W9KJO

Tech_Support

Post by Tech_Support » Mon Apr 24, 2017 1:42 pm

Hello,
There really should be no difference between SDRuno on your laptop and your desktop, unless you have them configured differently. Your best bet would be to open up a support ticket via:

http://www.sdrplay.com/support/

Please include a detailed description of the problem along with screen shots showing your Main Panel, Rx Control panel and SP1 window.

To answer your earlier question, the centre frequency is your LO frequency and this is displayed in your SP1 window along with your VFO frequency.

Sincerely

SDRplay Tech_Support

W9KJO

Post by W9KJO » Thu Apr 27, 2017 4:22 pm

As it turns out it was the LO freq causing this problem. To set the LO freq I had to,

1. Stop the RSP-1 operation
2. Set the freq where I wanted the LO
3. Close SDR UNO
4. Reopen SDR UNO, the LO would then match the freq I previously set
5. Activate LO Lock
6. Start SDR UNO

Then I could move my freq any where on the 80m band and scroll the whole band on the waterfall. There may be an easier way to do this but I don't know what it is. The manual does not really say how to set the LO. One cannot click it on the Waterfall Window, one seems to be only able to view it there.

This procedure seems to work for now. It would be infinitely better if there were a place to set the LO in the software but I have not found that yet.

W9KJO

W2DLC

Post by W2DLC » Thu Apr 27, 2017 5:23 pm

This thread may help: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=2074
Also, there are places in the Main settings INPUT and CAL tabs to adjust the LO.

g1hbe

Post by g1hbe » Thu Apr 27, 2017 11:00 pm

There should be no need to set the LO. Just set the required RX frequency by hitting the space bar and typing in the frequency in KHz followed by ENTER. The LO freq will go wherever it is necessary. Then just de-tune a few 10's of KHz and re-click to avoid the central spike. Just ignore the LO.

Andy

W9KJO

Post by W9KJO » Fri Apr 28, 2017 12:58 am

Interesting. Before I set the LO I could not scroll the whole 80m band. the Lo was so far off the band I could only see a part of the band. I had to set the LO. Others might need to as well.

W9KJO

g1hbe

Post by g1hbe » Fri Apr 28, 2017 8:11 am

It sounds like you were zoomed in, forcing the LO off the screen.

Andy

W9KJO

Post by W9KJO » Fri Apr 28, 2017 12:08 pm

I only had this problem on my laptop, my desktop never presented this same problem.

It did not matter how I was zoomed into the waterfall, all the way in or all the way out or in between, it would only allow me to scroll up to just under 3900 until I set the LO close into the band or even somewhere in the band. I was set on 2mhz bandwidth for those who might be interested so I should have been able to see the whole band. I could see the band when zoomed out but I could not center on a desire d freq I could only center on freqs lower than about 3900 and if I zoomed in could not see the band above 3900 at all. moving the LO setting allowed me to scroll the whole band.

At that time I was having trouble locating the Lo IF and Zero IF in the updated software, I have found it now. LOL right in the first window in SETT. It would be handy to be able to set the LO freq, I can see it on the waterfall, but while I can select LO IF or Zero IF it might be handy at times to be able to actually set the LO freq as desired.

Thanks W9KJO