SDRuno on Linux Ubuntu?

Discussions about everything to do with SDRuno
Glennfin

SDRuno on Linux Ubuntu?

Post by Glennfin » Wed Jul 05, 2017 2:29 pm

Howdy folks...

My first post to the group. I'm about to purchase a Sdrplay pro but i want to make sure sdruno will rum on the latest Ubuntu distribution. Anybody doing this?. .. any gotcha's or installation issues i should be aware of?.... I've been using Ubuntu and dumping Windows whenever and wherever possible. :D

I apologize in advance for the newbie questions...

Thank you.

Glenn KZ4A.
Last edited by Glennfin on Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am, edited 0 times in total.
Reason: No reason

octave9

Re: SDRuno on Linux Ubuntu?

Post by octave9 » Wed Jul 05, 2017 5:44 pm

Hi Glenn. Welcome to the group.

There are a few Linux users here and I expect we would all like to see SDRUno running on our favourite platform, but it doesn't. It's easy to get CubicSDR and/or Gqrx working with the SDRPlay 2, thanks to SoapySDR stuff. I don't even think Uno will run with WINE or with virtualisation software, but I haven't tried that myself.

I'm stuck with Windows, for some things (iRacing and VSTs), so I can live with it, but one day... :)

Glennfin

Re: SDRuno on Linux Ubuntu?

Post by Glennfin » Wed Jul 05, 2017 6:27 pm

octave9 wrote:Hi Glenn. Welcome to the group.

There are a few Linux users here and I expect we would all like to see SDRUno running on our favourite platform, but it doesn't. It's easy to get CubicSDR and/or Gqrx working with the SDRPlay 2, thanks to SoapySDR stuff. I don't even think Uno will run with WINE or with virtualisation software, but I haven't tried that myself.

I'm stuck with Windows, for some things (iRacing and VSTs), so I can live with it, but one day... :)
Hi and thanks for the reply. Since i made my post i came across a post that mentions instructions on installing uno on a Linux system... I'll see if i can find it again...
Last edited by Glennfin on Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am, edited 0 times in total.