SDRuno freezes

Discussions about everything to do with SDRuno
wolfdd

SDRuno freezes

Postby wolfdd » Sat Sep 09, 2017 12:04 pm

Hello,
often I have the problem that SDRuno freezes after I change from listening on Shortwave to FM. On HF I usually use Low-IF with IF AGC off. When I'm finished I set it back to IF AGC on and Zero-IF. Then I click on a FM station in the Mem-Panel. The result often is a freeze. The waterfall smears down and the spectrum is frozen. Sometimes I can fix this by clicking StOP and PLAY!, but in most times I have to kill the task and restart SDRuno. If I change the frequencies manually there is no problem.
My System is: Win 10, 64bit, 16 GB Ram
Regards
Wolfgang
Last edited by wolfdd on Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am, edited 0 times in total.
Reason: No reason

mikexeno

Re: SDRuno freezes

Postby mikexeno » Sat Sep 09, 2017 2:24 pm

Make sure power management is disabled on the USB ports. This guide is for 7 but also applies to 10.

http://www.sdrplay.com/docs/SDRuno_Windows7.pdf

wolfdd

Postby wolfdd » Sun Sep 10, 2017 1:24 pm

I changed the settings as described, but no change. I made some further tests and maybe can give a clue.

In my Tests I tuned to a SW Station in the 22m band with SAM mode and antenna HiZ. Via Mem-Panel I changed to a local FM Broadcast station. Because of the high input signal I set this station to Ant B, which is meant for higher frequencies and so gives a lower FM signal. When I click this entry, SDRuno freezes at once. Main Panel shows Ant A instead of B. I guess that SDRuno first looks at the frequency and if its higher than 30 mhz it switches to Ant A. The Mem-Panel entry for the antenna B is handled after the tuning to the frequency. This way an overload results in the freeze. Until this is solved I now use weaker stations when switching from SW to FM and everything is OK.
Last edited by wolfdd on Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am, edited 0 times in total.

mikexeno

Postby mikexeno » Sat Sep 16, 2017 4:11 pm

Have you tried running the SDRuno reset via MAIN module/OPT button?

Return to “SDRuno”