Ideas for future Updates

Discussions about everything to do with SDRuno
wolfdd

Re: Ideas for future Updates

Post by wolfdd » Fri Oct 20, 2017 8:03 am

My suggestions are:
- Like in SDR Console a button in the SP1 window for automatic waterfall gain and contrast and maybe a slider to fine tune this direct without going through SETT. Button.
- An Autonotch function like in SDR Console.
- A setting to adjust the steepness of the bandwidth filter (Order in SDR#)

Some of my other ideas have been mentioned by fellow users above.

However SDRuno is great work. Thank you. Well done and keep going.
Last edited by wolfdd on Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am, edited 0 times in total.
Reason: No reason

orpete

Post by orpete » Sat Oct 21, 2017 5:06 pm

I'm figuring out how to use SDRuno/SDRplay and these would be helpful:

Please remember where the main window has been placed when I save the window layout (like all the other window positions).
Some of us use the top edge for the task bar and placing the main window at the upper left corner is a problem.
If you can't do that then at least place the window an inch or so away from upper left corner.

Please allow SDRuno to come alive without having the SDRplay connected. Helps troubleshooting interface to other programs, for instance CAT connection issues. I use multiple computers over remote desktop and am trying different versions on different hardware.
Last edited by orpete on Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am, edited 0 times in total.

H2O-KO

Post by H2O-KO » Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:44 am

Hello,
I'm a newbie in sdr radio, I use the RSP1A and love the combination with SDR Uno very much. It's professional and the look is impressive and well done. Overall you've done a really fantastic job so far!

I would also like to contribute some ideas to include (if possible) in future software update releases (some may be mentioned before, sorry for double posting them).

1. It would be great to have a more deeper zoom option.
2. Themes or styling the colours of SDR Uno would be great, I would prefer a dark theme, monochromatic, customizable themes etc.
3. A customizable Scan-Function for higher frequencies (Ham/Amateur-Bands 2m, 70cm...) and for the Memory-List.
4. It would be great if each module would have a snap function, so that they fit perfectly together on the desktop.
5. The RDS-Module borders should fit with the theme of SDRuno
6. The Recorder should have the possibility to record in different formats, not only wav.
7. Integrated decoder for digimodes, DAB, CW, etc. would be a nice feature
8. A nice feature would be the possibility to name the stations at the frequency bandscale of the MAIN SP, like the SDR of university twente

The whole SDRplay-Team did a great job with the SDRuno software and the SDR-Radios itself. A big thank you and keep up the great work, it's much appreciated what you've done so far and that you listen to the customers!

73, Tom
Last edited by H2O-KO on Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am, edited 0 times in total.

Mike2459

Post by Mike2459 » Fri Dec 08, 2017 4:44 am

While on the subject of future updates:

1) User defined USB/LSB bandwidth settings that can be stored in the memory panel. The current state of affairs in this regard is a real PITA,
https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=pita

2) Fix the problem with SDRuno that prevents it from accessing the full capability of the SDRplay RSP2, that is the ability to use use the SDRPlay's full 10 Mhz sample rate. I can do it with an old version of SDR# even on my old laptop, it's not that I often need to do so, but that is not the point.

SteveAndrew

Post by SteveAndrew » Fri Dec 08, 2017 10:15 pm

I often use SDRuno with AGC turned off and use the manual IF gain control instead. It would be handy if the AGC on/off select and the gain control could be placed in Uno's main window where it can be easily accessed without having to keep opening the Main Settings window. A small point, but would be mighty handy.

On the main RX Control keypad there is room for one additional button - how about adding one for 6 metres ? Finally, if MCTR is selected on the RX control window, how about getting the frequency list in the memory panel to track with the currently selected frequency.

There are lots of great suggestions in this thread and I appreciate that not all can be incorporated into an updated version of SDRuno - May the best ones win :D
Last edited by SteveAndrew on Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am, edited 0 times in total.

KA3YAN

Post by KA3YAN » Tue Dec 12, 2017 5:43 pm

I'd like to capture my main "wish" for a future update, but first summing what a couple others have said already:

H2O-KO - It would be great if each module would have a snap function, so that they fit perfectly together on the desktop.

Phoenix - It would be great to have a feature that marks the frequency on the spectrum display from your stored frequency entries.
Mike2459 - User defined USB/LSB bandwidth settings that can be stored in the memory panel.

As with H2O-KO, I'd really like it if the edges snapped together. Trying to get them close without gaps or overlaps is a pain.

As with Phoenix & Mike2459, I'd really like it if more customized settings were saved in the Memory Panel & Saved Workspace. I like to customize the AF bandwidth in USB and zoom, but even if I save the workspace and/or frequency in memory, the next time I start SDRuno, it returns to the default bandwidth and zoom rate.

One thing I like to do is use more than one VRX. In fact I'm using four. When I save the workspace, it doesn't save the frequencies for each VRX. Upon SDRuno restart, all of the VRXs have the same frequency. I've tried saving the frequencies in memory and then populating each VRX with a stored frequency, but that doesn't work. When I load the saved frequency into the VRX, it changes the other VRXs at the same time.

If I wanted to load a frequency from memory to VRX #3 and only VRX #3, it seems I can't do that with the current features. I have to manually change the frequency of VRX #3.

Great job on a wonderful GUI otherwise. I love both the software and hardware!!

Brad
Last edited by KA3YAN on Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am, edited 0 times in total.

SteveAndrew

Post by SteveAndrew » Fri Dec 15, 2017 4:07 am

If you are thinking of adding functionality to the RX keypad, then how about allowing the buttons to be customised ?

Currently the buttons allow for selection of preset amateur radio bands, using sampling rate and decimation factors to obtain the required coverage for each band. Many users, myself included are also shortwave broadcast band listeners. It would be nice if each button could have it's properties edited in such a manner as to allow the caption (90M, 49M etc) and the required sampling rate, decimation factor, detector type and bandwidth to be set to allow coverage of the selected band in the same manner as the amateur bands are now done. Adding this ability would allow each user to customise the keypad according to their own particular interests. Allowing keypad setups or profiles to be saved and loaded would give the keypad a great deal of flexibility. If the customised profile could also allow a saved frequency list to be loaded along with the profile, then so much the better.
Last edited by SteveAndrew on Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am, edited 0 times in total.

jlegere

Post by jlegere » Fri Dec 15, 2017 10:38 am

I would really like to have better control over the SP & WF display zoom level.

I personally find it very annoying that I cannot set to displayed bandwidth to match the band that I am working.
For example while working 40 meters, I want to see just 7.0-7.3 mhz shown on the waterfall. Nothing outside this is of interest to me and I hate wasting visual space to display spectrum that I am unable to use. What makes this even worse is that even if I change the physical size of the sp/wf window, the zoom level stays the same and I still have to look at the offending spectrum areas. (by that I mean if I am seeing from 6820-7240 on the waterfall and I make the waterfall smaller, I still see 6820-7240 when all I want is 7000 to 7300)

I imagine the ability to enter the low and high frequency then let the software calculate a custom zoom level to match that need.
Last edited by jlegere on Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am, edited 0 times in total.

sdrplay

Post by sdrplay » Fri Dec 15, 2017 11:22 am

Download the latest version of SDRuno (V1.21) and it will do exactly that. Press the band button you require and you will see ONLY that band.

We are expanding that functionality in the next release that we are currently working on.

Best regards,

SDRplay Support

oldjackbob

Post by oldjackbob » Mon Dec 18, 2017 4:32 am

IMO, the most glaring feature missing from SDRUno is an auto-notch. I own all three RSP radios (I like my RSP1A the best) but have never used SDRUno in any depth only because of the absence of an auto-notch feature. Until that shows up, I'll continue to use other software and ignore SDRUno.

It may be a very good piece of software, but the lack of an auto-notch is a crippling flaw, and a deal-breaker for me.

It is not my intent to make that statement in a hurtful manner, because I'm a huge fan of SDRPlay's hardware, especially their latest offerings (and I've been a vocal proponent of the RSP1A on the RTL-SDR blog site). And if they ever incorporate an auto-notch I'll jump on their software too. But until then I can't use it.
Last edited by oldjackbob on Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am, edited 0 times in total.