Ideas for future Updates

Discussions about everything to do with SDRuno
jlegere

Re: Ideas for future Updates

Post by jlegere » Wed Dec 20, 2017 7:13 am

oldjackbob wrote:IMO, the most glaring feature missing from SDRUno is an auto-notch. I own all three RSP radios (I like my RSP1A the best) but have never used SDRUno in any depth only because of the absence of an auto-notch feature. Until that shows up, I'll continue to use other software and ignore SDRUno.
This is a feature I also appreciate in other software products
Last edited by jlegere on Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am, edited 0 times in total.
Reason: No reason

jlegere

Post by jlegere » Wed Dec 20, 2017 7:20 am

sdrplay wrote:Download the latest version of SDRuno (V1.21) and it will do exactly that. Press the band button you require and you will see ONLY that band.

We are expanding that functionality in the next release that we are currently working on.

Best regards,

SDRplay Support
thank you, i did not realize!
Last edited by jlegere on Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am, edited 0 times in total.

pgoelz

Post by pgoelz » Sun Dec 24, 2017 2:49 pm

I frequently find that I would like to return to a previously tuned frequency but this is not possible unless I either used the VFO A/B or the QMR functions..... both of which I need to activate before I tune away a frequency. So..... a very useful SDRUno feature would be a "history" function similar to a web browser...... generate a list of received frequencies with the ability (with, for example, a "back" button) to scroll through the list and click to return to any previously tuned frequency. Since this list would be simply frequency, mode, antenna and bandwidth, it should not take up much storage space and could be allowed to grow almost without limit.

Paul

dgmaley

Post by dgmaley » Tue Jan 09, 2018 2:09 am

Thought I might a couple of suggestions.

1. Use a 1A on my bench as a tool to set up HF SSB transmitters. End up with a total of 100db of attenuation between my Bird tap and pad. Would like to shift the rf display scale to show actual values.
Having rf averaging is nice. Any chance to also have a similar peak hold function?
2. Having an audio spectrum analyzer in the same box is spoiling me. Makes setting audio banpass a snap.
Would be nice to have a peak hold similar to averaging here too.
3. Having the ham band preset buttons is appreciated. To copy something Collins Radio did, would it be possible to toggle the whole bank of buttons to a bank of blank, user programmable buttons?
Last edited by dgmaley on Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am, edited 0 times in total.

MarkHirst

Post by MarkHirst » Sun Jan 14, 2018 7:59 pm

This is probably a big ask, but it would be great to able to spectrum record to a format that supports larger files than WAV can cope with.

The hand off from file to file introduces a noticeable gap / stutter during recording and playback, which spoils audio recordings made from the playback (particularly for digital modes broadcasts like Shortwave Radiogram).

Now that home is swamped with QRM, I'm looking increasingly towards doing spectrum recordings outside and then browsing them later, so a contiguous recording would really help.

Mark

Shortwave Signals skill for Alexa - Your programme guide to Shortwave Broadcasting - UK - USA

Mike2459

Post by Mike2459 » Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:17 pm

A frequency lock - preferably illuminated when enabled. It is just too easy to accidentally re-tune the receiver with the mouse, a sure fire way to lose a fax, satellite image or digital transmission.

IQbert

Post by IQbert » Tue Jan 16, 2018 12:56 am

1. Add the ability to demodulate the Quadrature signal when in SAM-DSB (Synch AM). Currently, we can only hear the In-phase signal. This would allow for distortion analysis and background monitoring. When in SAM, I could choose DSB-I (default) or DSB-Q (perhaps in a settings menu).

2. Allow the De-Emphasis to work when in modes other than FM (such as AM, SAM, LSB and USB). Currently, I can chose 50us or 75us in FM, but many MW and SW broadcasters use those same pre-emphasis curves.

3. Add the ability for C-Quam Stereo decoding for AM/SAM modes. Currently, SDRuno only has FM stereo decoding, but there are still MW stations that broadcast using Motorola's stereo standard.

Please keep up the great work! Thank you :D
Last edited by IQbert on Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am, edited 0 times in total.

pnoelw

Post by pnoelw » Wed Jan 17, 2018 4:45 pm

Thank you for this good software which handles the RSP2 well. I would like to suggest a couple of changes which would in my opinion enhance the experience

- The main SP's for each receiver take up quite a lot of real estate. With a number of receivers set up, it would be good to be able to see all of the channels on one main SP. Would it be possible to show all of the VRX tuned frequencies on the VRX-0 SP1 window?

- Can the mouse cursor line be extended to the waterfall section of the main SP - it makes for easier tuning of signals no longer active in the waterfall.

Noel.
Last edited by pnoelw on Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am, edited 0 times in total.

Paul

Post by Paul » Sun Jan 21, 2018 6:30 pm

Although I really appreciate the pressures the software team is under (I can only imagine), perhaps consideration could be given to introducing individual squelch settings in the upcoming scanning option (if feasible), planned to be introduced in version 1.3.

pgoelz

Post by pgoelz » Fri Jan 26, 2018 4:05 pm

Here's another suggestion.... add the ability for the meter to display input power level (dBm) and even SNR. I know input power is displayed as a number. But seeing it on a meter scale is easier to quickly assimilate.

Paul