Extra Zoom-in Steps - Secondary waterfall and actual frequencies optional

Discussions about everything to do with SDRuno
rskunath

Extra Zoom-in Steps - Secondary waterfall and actual frequencies optional

Post by rskunath » Sat Nov 04, 2017 3:15 pm

I had asked for extra zoom in steps on the main waterfall in an earlier post and I still hope that we can get this added.

But, I would also like at least 2 and 3 would be better extra zoom-in steps for the secondary waterfall. You need to get to about +/- 50 Hz. spread. I attached a screen shot of the current secondary waterfall at my max zoom. What I am doing here is looking at carriers on a medium wave channel; it's one of the graveyard channels here 1240 KHz, and I'm looking to see and count the number of carriers on the channel. This is useful for characterizing whether anything useful is going on that night, and also for nulling certain carriers using a phaser or a loop to concentrate on and hopefully log others. As you can see in the screen shot, the individual stations that I can't yet hear still are showing carriers, and these are each a little off of the center of the channel and these will be interesting to check later. You can use a display like this to characterize a medium wave channel if you know what it usually looks like, and then know whether to hang around as things fade up or down to grab something interesting because you can see if anything unusual is going on.

I would also like to request an option to display the +/- audio frequency as we have now and also to be able to optionally switch that to display the actual frequency on the secondary waterfall like the main waterfall does.
Spectrum Max Zoom.jpg
Spectrum Max Zoom.jpg (161.17 KiB) Viewed 4933 times

Reason: No reason