1.21 - A Few Issues But Worth Adopting

Discussions about everything to do with SDRuno
NoelC

1.21 - A Few Issues But Worth Adopting

Post by NoelC » Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:49 pm

Having used new version 1.21 for few days, I find it to be pretty good with my RSP1. I installed in a different folder from 1.13 so I could drop back to the old version - but I find I have not needed nor wanted to do so.

Some positive things I've noticed:
  • The [MCTR] button stays pushed across runs. That's a little thing but very nice.
  • The RBW control allows me to get a cleaner, finer waterfall display with more contrast.
  • Somehow it seems like the audio may be slightly better, though I wouldn't bet on it. Anyway, it's pretty good.
  • More mode selection info is now saved in the MEM. PANEL entries. It's nice to see that feature advancing. I am still able to use my older entries.
Some minor downsides:
  • I had to reorganize all my windows back into my preferred layouts. It wasn't difficult.
  • I've seen a couple of minor glitches... In one case all the controls became unresponsive, and in another it began acting like [LO LOCK] was pressed no matter what.
  • Recording takes up a lot of disk space. It'd be nice to be able to save directly to a compressed format.
All in all - well done!

-Noel

Reason: No reason

KA3YAN

Re: 1.21 - A Few Issues But Worth Adopting

Post by KA3YAN » Fri Dec 08, 2017 8:24 pm

NoelC wrote: Some minor downsides:
  • I've seen a couple of minor glitches... In one case all the controls became unresponsive, and in another it began acting like [LO LOCK] was pressed no matter what.
I've seen the unresponsive thing too. Two days in a row I've awoken to the Main, RX Control, and SP1 frozen. Aux SP is still moving. Very strange.

Brad
Last edited by KA3YAN on Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am, edited 0 times in total.
Reason: No reason