AM Radio Crud - How to Eliminate?

Discussions about everything to do with SDRuno
KE2KB

Re: AM Radio Crud - How to Eliminate?

Post by KE2KB » Fri Jan 05, 2018 9:54 pm

I think I found my problem.
The IF Mode was set to Zero-IF when it should have been set to Low-IF.

Reason: No reason

W6JHB

Post by W6JHB » Sat Jan 06, 2018 2:53 am

As I had commented, I ordered that filter on Amazon. It arrived and I hooked it up. Bingo - BC station images gone! I am a happy camper. I do realize that I could have avoided this by using the MF/HF antenna connector. However, at this time that is not practical for me. I probably will use it in the future but that is another story. So the bottom line is that if you HAVE to use the Ant1 or Ant2 jacks, this little $15 filter will cure the problem of BC crud on the HF ham bands.

Jim Bennett / W6JHB
Folsom, CA

Roger

Post by Roger » Sun Jan 07, 2018 7:24 am

W6JHB wrote:As I had commented, I ordered that filter on Amazon. It arrived and I hooked it up. Bingo - BC station images gone! I am a happy camper. I do realize that I could have avoided this by using the MF/HF antenna connector. However, at this time that is not practical for me. I probably will use it in the future but that is another story. So the bottom line is that if you HAVE to use the Ant1 or Ant2 jacks, this little $15 filter will cure the problem of BC crud on the HF ham bands.
On the RSP2 the MW filter works on AntA and on AntB (NOT on the Hi-Z port) and lowers the 550 -1700 KHz. band signals considerably. So I don't understand why you needed the Amazon filter unless you wanted double filtering.

Another suggestion. Make sure you use that filter on the AntA port. If you use a filter on the AntB port and it is DC coupled you could destroy it if you accidentally turn on the bias T.