SDRUno and Virtual Audio Cable

Discussions about everything to do with SDRuno
Ambrose Wolfinger

SDRUno and Virtual Audio Cable

Post by Ambrose Wolfinger » Tue Jan 02, 2018 7:39 am

I installed VAC this evening and followed the instructions on the YouTube video posted on SDRPlay’s channel. Although the steps were slightly different for Win 10, I got it set up as instructed. However, after setting up VAC and starting SDRUno, the audio stuttered quite badly. I restarted The computer, and it still stuttered. The only remedy was to uninstall VAC. When I did that, Windows popped up some warning messages about not being able to delete certain files, untili retarted the computer (again).

Once I did that, SDR Uno worked as well as before with no stuttering.

I would very much like to decode digital modes, but it seems VAC isn’t playing nice with my machine, any ideas?
Last edited by Ambrose Wolfinger on Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am, edited 0 times in total.
Reason: No reason

DanubeBCL

Re: SDRUno and Virtual Audio Cable

Post by DanubeBCL » Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:05 am

Ambrose Wolfinger wrote:I would very much like to decode digital modes
Normally using a VAC/VSC should be no problem. But for decoding digimodes a VAC is not always required. You can use the Stereomix option of your soundcard as a recording device. Sometimes one must explicitely activate it in the soundcard settings of the system.
When done there is no need to change anything in SDRuno.
Select the Stereomix device in the soundcard settings of your decoding software (fldigi or something) as an input.
The only drawback: When decoding no other sound application should produce sound in the system because the Stereomix transports all sounds you currently hear on your PC.
73, Heinrich

Roger

Post by Roger » Tue Jan 02, 2018 9:33 pm

Ambrose Wolfinger wrote:I installed VAC this evening and followed the instructions on the YouTube video posted on SDRPlay’s channel.
I would very much like to decode digital modes, but it seems VAC isn’t playing nice with my machine, any ideas?
Which VAC did you use. I use VB Cable (free) and it works perfectly with SDRuno on Windows 8.1.
You can download it here >> https://www.vb-audio.com/Cable/index.htm#DownloadCable
Last edited by Roger on Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am, edited 0 times in total.

Ambrose Wolfinger

Post by Ambrose Wolfinger » Wed Jan 03, 2018 6:27 pm

Last edited by Ambrose Wolfinger on Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am, edited 0 times in total.

Ambrose Wolfinger

Post by Ambrose Wolfinger » Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:38 pm

Just as a follow up, I installed the software Roger suggested from vb-audio.com and it works much better for me. Running SDRUno along with Multipsk on an Asus Ux430ua laptop with Windows 10.