Log10: Sing Error

Discussions about everything to do with SDRuno
MajicM

Log10: Sing Error

Post by MajicM » Fri Jan 05, 2018 5:53 pm

Had a play with my RSP2 over Christmas and found my sound to be very distorted.

I haven't changed any settings, cables or anything at all. It was fine one day and not the next.

I've hooked up my MD380 and UBC 125 to the antenna and both operate as expected and the sound is normal.

I've had more of a play with it now and it's still doing it, although I noticed after about a minute or so of use I get the USB device disconnected sound in Windows and this error appears "Log10: SING Error".

Over Christmas I did a full reinstall of Windows 10 which has made no difference (I was doing that anyway, not because of this).

I've just swapped out my USB A-B cable for a new one and it's still doing the same thing. The only thing I haven't changed is the USB extension cable as that's tapped to the wall/ceiling and I don't have a spare.

So, any ideas? Is there a fault with the RSP2? I don't have any USB port issues with my PC, although I haven't tried putting the USB extension into a different USB port on my PC.

I'm running SDRUno v1.21.

Can someone help please?

Thanks.

Reason: No reason

sdrplay

Re: Log10: Sing Error

Post by sdrplay » Fri Jan 05, 2018 6:15 pm

This normally occurs when there is an interruption in the USB path, although some people have said they have noticed it appearing when using the squelch. This has all been addressed in the next release (1.22) which will be released shortly.

Best regards,

SDRplay Support

MajicM

Post by MajicM » Fri Jan 05, 2018 6:19 pm

Strange it's only just started happening though?

I'll try a different USB port over the weekend and see if that helps. Nothing else has changed hardware wise at all.

TOROSERVICE

Post by TOROSERVICE » Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:55 pm

For what its worth, I reported the same error, which was continuing, and I couldn't correct it.
So, I tried HDSDR, and it worked. Went back to SDRuno, and now it works too. I have no clue, but hopefully the next release will correct the issues.
Last edited by TOROSERVICE on Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am, edited 0 times in total.

sdrplay

Post by sdrplay » Sat Jan 13, 2018 4:08 pm

LOG10 errors fixed in 1.22 which has just been released

Best regards,

Andy

TOROSERVICE

Post by TOROSERVICE » Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:42 pm

Just tried 1.22 -

Works MUCH better. I get audio now with no delay, and noticed some other improvements, cosmetics mostly that I've noticed so far.

MajicM

Post by MajicM » Sun Jan 14, 2018 8:50 am

Still getting same issue, sound isn't as distorted but not great.

After about a minute of use the USB disconnect sound and it stops, just without the SING error.

I'l try moving to a different USB but literally no hardware has changed!

sdrplay

Post by sdrplay » Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:09 am

As I was saying in previous SDRuno builds, the log10 error is indicative of USB connection issues (try unplugging the USB cable during streaming and you'll see the exact same effect) so all that happens now is that the log10 error no longer appears, but the underlying cause will still be there. You should be able to press stop and start again to restart the stream.

Best regards,

SDRplay Support

MajicM

Post by MajicM » Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:12 am

Yes, that's right I can.

The sound is distorted though. All very odd, I'll swap to a different USB later today and hopefully that resolves it.

8-)

sdrplay

Post by sdrplay » Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:30 am

By distorted, do you mean that it has gaps? If that's the case, then have you tried lowering the sample rate? If you are at 2MHz, then try increasing DEC (decimation) - if you can post a video showing the effect, that may help.

Best regards,

SDRplay Support