SDRuno with CW Skimmer

Discussions about everything to do with SDRuno
Dec1963

SDRuno with CW Skimmer

Post by Dec1963 » Wed Jan 17, 2018 2:38 pm

Hi,

has anybody run SDRuno with CW Skimmer. There are a few videos on YouTube showing how to get the RSP1 to use CW Skimmer but they all seem to be using SDR Console etc rather than SDRuno

Declan
Last edited by Dec1963 on Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am, edited 0 times in total.
Reason: No reason

Roger

Re: SDRuno with CW Skimmer

Post by Roger » Thu Jan 18, 2018 1:31 am

SDRuno does NOT provide IQ output to external programs so CW Skimmer will be limited to decoding CW signals in an audio (i.e. 3 kHz. channel) using a Virtual Audio Cable like VB Cable. If you use SDR-Console V3 or HDSDR they can output IQ samples to CW Skimmer and you can decode a much wider bandwidth like 48 or 96 kHz.

IQ output from SDRuno planned for the next release - version 1.23 as follows....

1.23 Intermediate update
• Recording of selected signal only (either I/Q or audio) to WAV file format
• Selected signal piped to VAC in I/Q format

Dec1963

Post by Dec1963 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:08 am

Hi Roger,

thanks for the reply. Indeed I've found several examples of how to do as you suggest on YouTube. I look forward to the updated SDRuno which will include the IQ output feature.

Regards

Declan
Last edited by Dec1963 on Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am, edited 0 times in total.

johnhlong

Post by johnhlong » Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:30 am

We here in Utah are also looking forward to I/Q support.

Is there an estimated release date?

1 week, 1 month, 1 year Etc?

John
KW7A
Last edited by johnhlong on Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am, edited 0 times in total.

McTernan

Post by McTernan » Sat Feb 24, 2018 10:58 pm

I too look forward to an update to SDRplay so I can use it with CW Skimmer. I'm setting up an RBN node and don't have an SDR that works well with Skimmer.

I don't know how the information is formatted, but is it possible to take the output from SDRplay and format into a wide-band format that CW Skimmer can digest? Maybe trick Skimmer into thinking that we have a Flex connected and pipe in data from SDRplay? I don't want to rely on an update from SDRplay to solve this (though I read on another post that an update is coming).

KN4EZR
Huntsville, AL
Last edited by McTernan on Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am, edited 0 times in total.

Roger

Post by Roger » Sun Feb 25, 2018 9:14 pm

McTernan wrote:I too look forward to an update to SDRplay so I can use it with CW Skimmer. I'm setting up an RBN node and don't have an SDR that works well with Skimmer.

I don't know how the information is formatted, but is it possible to take the output from SDRplay and format into a wide-band format that CW Skimmer can digest? Maybe trick Skimmer into thinking that we have a Flex connected and pipe in data from SDRplay? I don't want to rely on an update from SDRplay to solve this (though I read on another post that an update is coming).

KN4EZR
Huntsville, AL
Why not just use HDSDR or SDR-Console to feed IQ data to CW Skimmer? Both work with RSP1, RSP1A and RSP2. After a few minutes with either of these programs you will be running wideband CW Skimmer...

johnhlong

Post by johnhlong » Sun Feb 25, 2018 11:32 pm

That is correct.

I have tried it and it works great, only I prefer the look and feel of SDRuno. :roll: