K3 Rig control with SDRuno problems

Discussions about everything to do with SDRuno
awachter

K3 Rig control with SDRuno problems

Post by awachter » Thu Feb 01, 2018 4:58 am

I am having issues with SYNC VRX--> RIG mode with my K3: in this mode, the K3 sometimes does not come back from TX mode in CW and hangs (red TX light on front panel on and RX not running). To get out of this state, I need to disconnect and reconnect by pressing the RSYN1 button in the SDRuno RX Control window (or press the XMIT button my my K3). If only SYNC RIG--> VRX is enabled, no problems at all but then I cannot control the K3 from SDRuno. I tried all possible settings in OmniRig but to no avail. Anyone ran into this problem also and has an idea what to do about it?

Best,

Andreas
Last edited by awachter on Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am, edited 0 times in total.
Reason: No reason

Larry W0IK

Re: K3 Rig control with SDRuno problems

Post by Larry W0IK » Thu Mar 22, 2018 4:53 pm

My K3s does the same thing and i've tried macros to turn receiver on and also to set rf gain etc. none of which helped. I do not yet know what is at the root of the problem, but i've found that if you just slightly move the SHIFT knob, the rig comes back on. it has on occasion gone back to "sleep" but always "wakes up" when the DSP knob is touched.

7 3

W0IK

Larry
Last edited by Larry W0IK on Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am, edited 0 times in total.

awachter

Re: K3 Rig control with SDRuno problems

Post by awachter » Thu Mar 22, 2018 5:54 pm

Hi Larry,

good to know I am not the only one with this problem. I was getting ready to send in my K3 to Elecraft for repair but if you experience the same problem on a K3S, then it's probably not a problem with my old K3 (serial #305). I've noticed that I can get the audio back by slightly changing the bandwidth (either SHIFT or WIDTH). I can also get the audio back by switching band and/or mode. Have you ever contacted Elecraft with this problem.

Best,

Andreas K6AKW
Last edited by awachter on Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am, edited 0 times in total.