SDR UNO as panadapter - help!

Discussions about everything to do with SDRuno
K8AC/4

SDR UNO as panadapter - help!

Post by K8AC/4 » Mon Mar 26, 2018 3:51 pm

I'm evaluating SDR UNO to use as a panadapter, will purchase an RSP1A if I can get my issues worked out. Currently using a Funcube Pro+ as input to investigate SDR UNO operation. I have Omni-Rig installed and it's communicating with my transceiver just fine. I'm feeding the transceiver first IF output via the Funcube to SDR UNO and signals display just fine. There are a couple of issues that I've not yet been able to resolve and maybe someone can point me in the right direction.

1. I need to be able to have the pointers for both VFO-A and VFO-B appear on the spectrum display when the transceiver is in split mode. Is that even possible?

2. I need the ability to mouse at a frequency on the spectrum display or waterfall and have VFO-B set to that frequency. When I say VFO-B in this case, I mean I want the transceiver VFO-B set to that frequency. Is this possible?

Also, I see that VFO-A on the transceiver is not set to a frequency I mouse select on the spectrum display. Ideas?

73, Floyd - K8AC
Last edited by K8AC/4 on Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am, edited 0 times in total.
Reason: No reason

Roger

Re: SDR UNO as panadapter - help!

Post by Roger » Wed Mar 28, 2018 8:23 pm

K8AC/4 wrote:2. I need the ability to mouse at a frequency on the spectrum display or waterfall and have VFO-B set to that frequency. When I say VFO-B in this case, I mean I want the transceiver VFO-B set to that frequency. Is this possible?

Also, I see that VFO-A on the transceiver is not set to a frequency I mouse select on the spectrum display. Ideas?

73, Floyd - K8AC
The current version of SDRuno does not support clicking on the spectrum display and setting the transceiver to that frequency when running in panadapter mode. I suggest you try HDSDR which does do this and has more panadapter features.

K8AC/4

Re: SDR UNO as panadapter - help!

Post by K8AC/4 » Thu Mar 29, 2018 12:48 pm

Thanks, but the last time I looked HDSDR did not provide display of VFO-B. And, it uses an unreasonable amount of screen real estate for someone who just wants a panadapter.
Last edited by K8AC/4 on Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am, edited 0 times in total.