SDRUno as panadapter for PROIII

Discussions about everything to do with SDRuno
VE3TMT

SDRUno as panadapter for PROIII

Post by VE3TMT » Sun Apr 01, 2018 12:04 am

Hi group,

I'm trying to set SDRUno as a panadapter on my.proiii and I am a little confused about the omnirig settings. There are two windows in SDRUno where you can enable omnirig connections, the main and the Rx windows. Which one do I use, you can't use both. Problem is I am hearing and seeing signals just fine and when I click in the window in SDRUno the frequency changes in the program, but it doesn't change on the PROIII or in the Rx windows that shows my IF frequency.

How do I get the frequency to show the vfo frequency and not the if frequency, and which omnirig setup do I use?

I have no problems with HDSDR but I much prefer the look of SDRUno.

Max

Reason: No reason

Roger

Re: SDRUno as panadapter for PROIII

Post by Roger » Sun Apr 01, 2018 12:50 am

Yes Omni-Rig shows up in two places. You only need to change the one in the Main window if you are using SDRuno in panadapter mode with input from the IF of your transceiver. In the VRX you select which rig you want (1 or 2) and you have to click RSYN on the window border to use Omni-Rig with that VRX.

In the current SDRUno version 1.22 you can't click on the waterfall and have the transceiver change frequency. This function is not available yet. It does work in HDSDR though.

VE3TMT

Post by VE3TMT » Sun Apr 01, 2018 2:33 pm

Hi Roger,

Thank you for the tips.

So in the RX Control VRX I have CAT disabled. I enabled it in the Main VRX and clicked on RSYNC1 in the RX Control VRX.

I am seeing signals no problem, but the frequency readout is showing my IF frequency and stays on that, even when I tune the VFO on the PROIII. How do I get it to show my VFO frequency and track as I tune on the PROIII?

Max

Roger

Post by Roger » Mon Apr 02, 2018 8:37 pm

Try the following:

Disable Cat function...
Captureif3.PNG
Captureif3.PNG (6.97 KiB) Viewed 12225 times
Set your IF frequency and enable this function...
Captureif.PNG
Captureif.PNG (9.58 KiB) Viewed 12225 times

Install and Run OmniRig
Captureif2.PNG
Captureif2.PNG (78.93 KiB) Viewed 12225 times

VE3TMT

Post by VE3TMT » Mon Apr 09, 2018 3:35 pm

Hi Roger,

I have SDRUno showing the PROIII frequency, etc. My problem is, the signal that I am listening to on the PROIII is not lined up with the cursor in SDRUno.

For example, in HDSDR, you hit the EXTIO button and it gives you an option to calibrate the software or tuner in PPM unit the received signal is lined up with the PC signal. I can't find an option like that in SDRUno.

Am I missing something?

Max