v1.23 issue

Discussions about everything to do with SDRuno
MajicM

v1.23 issue

Post by MajicM » Sat May 19, 2018 7:31 am

I've heard people talk about v1.23 but didn't see an official announcement to say it was out... Anyway, headed over to the site and saw it was out...

Installed it and found an issue.

When scrolling through frequencies stored in the banks it has a tendency to lock up for a second or 2. The waterfall then starts up again but the sound is gone. You have to click "Stop" then "Play" to get it going again.

Sometimes it fails and comes up with this message:

Has anyone else encountered this?

Oh and 1 small thing too, when you select "Check for Update" the message says "You have the latest version (v1.22)".

Reason: No reason

H2O-KO

Re: v1.23 issue

Post by H2O-KO » Sat May 19, 2018 7:43 am

Hi MajicM,
i guess you were a bit too fast and did overread that the 1.23 version of SDRuno is only for the RSPDuo, so it's not for the other sdr's!

If you have it installed for RSP1/1A or RSP2/Pro it would be clear that you will get an error.

Hope this was of help :-)

Tom
Last edited by H2O-KO on Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am, edited 0 times in total.

Tech_Support

Post by Tech_Support » Sat May 19, 2018 9:32 am

Release 1.23 is primarily for the RSPduo. That said, it should work with all RSPs, but the level of testing with other RSPs is considerably less than with the RSPduo. It will install alongside release 1.22, but be aware that if you reset the registry in one version, you will wipe out the settings for both versions. The automatic update check does not yet flag that 1.23 is available. That is deliberate. We don't want to stampede people into upgrading if they don't need to. In the longer term, all versions of SDRuno will migrate to the Service based API. This gives better handling of multiple devices and is essential for the RSPduo. If you do not have a RSPduo, please feel free to try release 1.23 and let us know if you have any issues. The best way to do this is to open a support ticket via http://www.sdrplay.com/support

Sincerely

SDRplay Tech_Support

MajicM

Post by MajicM » Sat May 19, 2018 12:01 pm

H2O-KO wrote:Hi MajicM,
i guess you were a bit too fast and did overread that the 1.23 version of SDRuno is only for the RSPDuo, so it's not for the other sdr's!
I guess so mate, that's the thing, I haven't seen an announcement on FB or here for it then suddenly saw a post about v1.23 and when I looked at the download site and saw 1.23 :)

Thanks Tech_Support, I'll roll it back to v1.22 now.

Have a nice day!

Tech_Support

Post by Tech_Support » Sat May 19, 2018 12:41 pm

Thanks MajicM,
Can you let us know what hardware you were using with 1.23?

Regards

SDRplay Tech_Support

MajicM

Post by MajicM » Sat May 19, 2018 7:11 pm

Yes it's an RSP2 Pro. ;)

Tech_Support

Post by Tech_Support » Sat May 19, 2018 7:44 pm

Thanks MajicM,
If you can find a sequence of steps that reliably triggers the problem that you see, please email feedback@sdrplay.com and we will try to replicate the problem. Once we have done that, we can institute a fix.

Many thanks

SDRplay Tech_Support

H2O-KO

Post by H2O-KO » Sun May 20, 2018 6:55 am

@MajicM

Hi mate,
I thought about to give SDRuno v1.23 a try.

Ok, first of all, I use an RSP1A with SDRuno v.1.22 on a Windows 10 system and with the following steps I could use v.1.23 without any faults or errors so far, although there are still some graphical flaws like in version 1.22, also some minimal newer ones, too.

Maybe the following steps could be of any help for you ;-)

So, this is what I used to do first before I installled v.1.23:
1. I made sure no SDRPlay related software was running and unplugged my SDRplay RSP1A from my computer
2. I reset the registry settings via the windows start menu, sdrplay folder, "Reset SDRuno Registry Settings"
3. uninstalled via start menu, sdrplay folder, "SDRplay_Driver Uninstall"
4. head over to the windows control panel, programs and features, and uninstalled "SDRuno version 1.22"
5. did a reboot of windows

After windows has started and fully loaded I installed SDRuno v.1.23 and followed exactly the steps like the menus in the installation process showed me. Please make sure that you don't have plugged in your RSP2 pro before you install SDRuno v1.23! When installation was finished I started SDRuno. Before I press play I made all necessary settings in each window via their settings tab and also set my preferrred settings, too. If all that has been done I pressed play and used my SDRplay with SDRuno v.1.23 and I could use it for one hour without any faults and errors (I did not fully tested all functions, only the "normal" behavior for listening in different modes, filter settings etc. on shortwave and mw).

I returned to SDRuno v.1.22 as it has less graphical flaws and overall is suited much better for the RSP1A.

Most graphical flaws are the same as in version 1.22, for example in the "RX Control"- window, there is the big black shadow mark under "tab 15" / "tab MW", the whole tab field is slightly positioned more to the left side, if you take a close look under the s-meter window the first row of the tabs are not exactly positioned and as they are a bit smaller in size as the other tabs, it should've been positioned more to the right side, to have a more centered look und the s-meter window.

In version 1.23 in the "Main"-window, some white frames of a few tabs do have marks that extend beyond the corners.

Don't get me wrong, I like my RSP1A with SDRuno very very much, SDRuno is my preferred software for the RSP1A, the RSP1A is my preferred shortwave receiver at all (I use my IC-R75 and IC-R71 rarely/infrequently now), SDRuno is well done and professional made, has a professional design, it's a joy to work with and the whole team did a great job. My critiques are at the very highest level, nothing that would really bother most users and to be fair, most of these graphical flaws won't disturb you either, when you use your SDRuno. But I still hope that the team will make a more customizable and themeable SDRuno-version for the users in the near future ;-) So, a little tweak here and there, nothing that would take much time or effort and gone were the graphical flaws ;)

Ok, hope this was of any help/use, have a nice a day, kind regards,
73 Tom
Last edited by H2O-KO on Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am, edited 0 times in total.

SDRnerd

Post by SDRnerd » Fri May 25, 2018 2:50 pm

Yes Tom I share your problem. In my case the program freezes but the sound keeps running and I get the same error message. It does not matter if it is the RSPduo or the RSP1A that is running. I did not use both radios at the same time. Now I am testing if this happens on a brand new pc that has no programs on it except for Windows 10 Pro OS.

UPDATE

After installing the software and connecting the RSPduo all went well with the new pc. It is running for 5 hours now without any problems at all.
Maybe the previous install on the other pc could left some trails behind. I carefully de-installed the 1.22 software cleaned the registry and rebooted the pc before installing the last 1.23. Maybe I had to remove the old drivers before rebooting. I will try this tomorrow and see what happens. I will repeat all steps including installing 1.23.

73' Ron
ON2RON
Last edited by SDRnerd on Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am, edited 0 times in total.