bugs in sdruno

Discussions about everything to do with SDRuno
dx-rover

bugs in sdruno

Post by dx-rover » Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:15 pm

hi to all users,

there are, in my opinion, two bugs in sdruno, that could be fixed in the next version.

there is a "pumping" of the if-agc in some receive situations, not only while qrn in the atmossphäre.
can be avoided, when i turn if-agc off. so my wish is to optimise the if-agc behavior.

the ssb filtering generally shows a "ringing"-sound, like several old analog ceramic filters.
this is not existing in sdr-console software ! :)
in our sdruno i can set 2 clever notches to enjoy clear crispy sound, even better as sdr-console...:)
this needs some testing and is of cause not a ideal solution...

last to mention is a hardware disadvantage in rsp 2 : the preamp reduces overall intermodulation performance, intercept point,
it can't be switched off and bridged...if one has a bad antenna, not a problem at all ;) but the guys with right antennas...?

greetings from germany, 73's and 55's to sdruno developing team

dx-rover, comments are welcome
Last edited by dx-rover on Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am, edited 0 times in total.
Reason: No reason

mark.

Re: bugs in sdruno

Post by mark. » Sat Jun 16, 2018 7:51 pm

Months ago I noticed that same issue with the filtering ringing sound and did the same workaround that you did with the notch filters. I never mentioned it here because I thought I was being too nitpicky or that it was because of my older sound card.

NoelC

Post by NoelC » Sun Jun 17, 2018 10:11 pm

Try as I might, I cannot sense what you folks are talking about with the "ringing sound"...

Can you please be more specific about what settings you're choosing?

If I'm missing out on a way to improve the audio I should love to learn about it.

Thanks.

-Noel

mark.

Post by mark. » Mon Jun 18, 2018 12:52 am

I used the term ringing because the other poster did. Its more of a howl in that its just on the verge of breaking into oscillation. It changes pitch as you change bandwidth. If this forum allowed attaching an audio clip I would. But I'm too lazy to record one and upload it to some hosting site to link to.

NoelC

Post by NoelC » Mon Jun 18, 2018 2:30 am

I can hear a change in the cutoff frequency, but I presume that's normal. You'd expect to hear higher pitches of hiss as the cutoff frequency goes farther from the base.

I experimented with putting a notch filter at various points and with various widths, and I still can see no way that could affect anything to reduce a sense of "ringing" or "closeness to oscillation" based on what I'm hearing. I have to presume not everyone is hearing this.

-Noel