SDRuno not saving settings

Discussions about everything to do with SDRuno
55brianb

SDRuno not saving settings

Post by 55brianb » Thu Jul 12, 2018 11:24 pm

Hi all

As a new user to SDRPlay and the RSP1A receiver, I'm having problems understanding the SDRuno software.

Having read through many, many reviews and watched hour after hour of YouTube videos about it (before and after I bought it), I'm still having problems understanding SDRuno.

I don't think it's my fault, but when I save a station in the Mem. Panel, the bandwidth isn't saved, which means that I have to change it EVERY time I select that memory again.

This is sooooo tiresome - I can't believe that software which has been around for this length of time could be at fault, so it must be me.

Can someone please explain to me how I save not just the frequency and mode, but all of the other settings too?

Last edited by 55brianb on Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am, edited 0 times in total.
Reason: No reason

NoelC

Re: SDRuno not saving settings

Post by NoelC » Sat Jul 21, 2018 9:38 pm

You have to right-click and choose Save bank in the entries area of the MEM PANEL in order to get anything you've put in there to be saved to the disk, even for the currently displayed panel contents. Otherwise the unsaved changes will be lost when you close SDRuno. The last chosen file is reloaded on the start of SDRuno, but it's important to remember nothing is saved to disk by default. Thus I think your failure to save changes to the file may be contributing to your perception that you have to change things again.

I have gotten into the habit of doing Save bank after any change to the MEM PANEL (it SURE would be nice if it would just do that automatically).

The MEM PANEL implementation seems to be kind of a work in progress, to be honest.

With both 1.22 and 1.23 (which I have tried with my RSP1 even though it's not recommended), I am able to save and restore the entries in the Filter field (which selects the bandwidth). The bandwidth does get saved/loaded and affects the receiver properly upon MEM PANEL entry selection.

-Noel

torbjar

Re: SDRuno not saving settings

Post by torbjar » Sun Oct 07, 2018 2:34 am

In SDRuno 1.24 I'm unable to modify the Filter column of a row in the data grid. The workaround would be to either modify the bank file or STORE the frequency again with the correct bandwidth and remove the incorrect row.
Last edited by torbjar on Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am, edited 0 times in total.