Google "Re-Captcha" Not Appreciated

Discussions about everything to do with SDRuno
NoelC

Google "Re-Captcha" Not Appreciated

Post by NoelC » Sun Sep 02, 2018 11:19 am

I was looking over the downloads of the latest SDRUno releases and I tried downloading 1.24.1...

I was disappointed to be accosted (once again, this isn't new) by the requirement to (temporarily in my case) enable a whole lot of google.com, googleapis.com, and gstatic.com scripts to run a Re-Captcha prompt before I could download the SDRUno software. And it was no pleasant experience to have to go through 3 or 4 little "tests" just to get an 11.5 megabyte installer.

I don't know what it is that you think you've got that you don't want downloaded by non-humans, but I don't appreciate having to allow so much Google scripting to run on my system just to be able to download software for a device I've purchased from you.

I run my computing environment as a tight ship and I'd REALLY not like to have to allow scripts to run from sites not owned by the site I'm browsing. You CANNOT guarantee what's in them, and I may not share your trust of that 3rd party (in this case Google, whom I definitely do not trus).

I'm not wrong in wanting to avoid running 3rd party scripts and other junkware / malware in my browser. I've never, ever had a malware infection and I don't plan to have one any time soon. This comes from uncommon vigilance.

Please consider changing your policy of requiring Google browser scripts to be allowed to run in order to access your software downloads. For what it's worth, I sell my software online too, and offer downloads without restrictions. I have not found a need for a Re-Captcha prompt.

-Noel

Reason: No reason

NoelC

Re: Google "Re-Captcha" Not Appreciated

Post by NoelC » Sun Sep 02, 2018 11:22 am

Another thing...

Your forum site does not allow editing a post in order to be able to correct a typo (such as my misspelling of "trust" as "trus" above). The error emitted is:

You must enter at least two poll options

-Noel

Reason: No reason