Shift in output levels on DUO

Discussions about everything to do with SDRuno
Tech_Support

Re: Shift in output levels on DUO

Post by Tech_Support » Wed Oct 31, 2018 9:24 am

Audio levels have nothing to do with hardware, so whatever this is will not be a hardware issue. I suggest you open a support ticket and we will try to get to the bottom of what is going on.

Sincerely

Tech_Support

Reason: No reason

MTG

Post by MTG » Wed Oct 31, 2018 3:34 pm

Thanks I will raise the necessary ticket.

Tech_Support

Post by Tech_Support » Wed Oct 31, 2018 6:47 pm

MTG wrote:The plots are showing a calibration signal level and not noise levels. The signal was on the input to the RSPDuos continuously before, during and after the "Stop" - "Play" sequence. The level drops not only at the start but at other times and the calibration signal has not changed. There is also an antenna on the inputs and the background noise will naturally change. I was hoping to use the Uno - Duo kit for some radio astronomy applications where I will need to stop and start things during the experimental and set-up stages and clearly these changes are a BIG downside. The equipment is touted for scientific use but the supporting software is not quite up to it yet it seems ....

Are there any alternative SDRs for the DUo hardware?
We will try to get to the bottom of what is going on here, but in the meantime, you can try using HDSDR with the RSPduo

Sincerely

Tech_Support