SDRUno and N1MM+

Discussions about everything to do with SDRuno
johnhlong

SDRUno and N1MM+

Post by johnhlong » Sat Nov 24, 2018 1:08 am

Two questions.

1. How do I setup SDRUno to communicate with N1MM+ when I already have SDRUno using Comm 1 to connect to my Kenwood TS-2000?
I don't see a setup for OMNI Rig in N1MM+.

2. Which EXTIO.dll do I use to connect my RSP2 to N1MM+'s waterfall? The instructions say to load the correct EXTIO.ddl into the N1MM+ directory but when I look at the SDRPlay download page the EXTIO download containg multiple EXTIO files.

Overall I want to run my SDRPlay RSP2 with my Kenwood TS-2000 and N1MM+ both to sync frecquencies anf have N1MM+ use my SDRPlay to drive (display) the waterfall inside N1MM+.

John
KW7A
Utah, USA

Reason: No reason

Roger

Re: SDRUno and N1MM+

Post by Roger » Sat Nov 24, 2018 8:49 pm

SDRuno has two ways to connect to external programs and radios. One way is via OmniRig which you are already doing successfully.

The other way, which can operate at the same time, is via the CAT interface which is in the VRX you are controlling. This interface uses a basic subset of the Kenwood protocol. This is how you can connect to N1MM. You will need to set up a virtual COM cable pair (COM 5: and COM6: for example) using a program like com0Com (free) to install virtual COM port drivers. Then you setup SDRuno CAT to connect to one side of the virtual COM port pair (say COM 5:) and N1MM on the other side of the pair (say COM6:). Configure N1MM to think it is talking to a radio like a Kenwood TS-140S or TS-440S. You can find more info in the User Manual which describes how to interface SDRuno with Ham Radio Deluxe (a similar program) via CAT.

Reason: No reason