Bias-T not working in v1.31 update

Discussions about everything to do with SDRuno
ZL2BMH

Bias-T not working in v1.31 update

Post by ZL2BMH » Wed May 15, 2019 10:33 am

I installed the new update today (v1.31). Everything appeared to install correctly.

However, the Bias-T does not work in SDRuno now, under v1.21 it worked flawlessly for 18 months or more. Has anyone else found this trouble?

When fired up the spikes are showing, Bias-T is white (showing that it is working) then I switch it off and the spikes, instead of disappearing, remain at the same height Switch it back on, spikes remain the same.

Checked the plug with a meter and it shows a voltage of 4.6. As mentioned has anyone else found this problem with SDRuno.

I am using the SDRplay RSP1a, Computer is W10, is relatively new with a 1080 N'Videa card, 16GB RAM quad Core with SSD hard drive.Using the SRDuno v1.31 upgrading from v1.21.

Regards

zl2bmh/Jim

Reason: No reason

g1hbe

Re: Bias-T not working in v1.31 update

Post by g1hbe » Wed May 15, 2019 12:43 pm

Hi Jim.
I'm a bit confused. Is it working (sounds like it is, with 4.6 volts present) but it won't switch off? What are these spikes?

Andy

ZL2BMH

Post by ZL2BMH » Wed May 15, 2019 10:43 pm

Hello Sir.
Lovely to be talking to someone from the UK. We sent you some great WX for summer I hope you have received it. ;)

The spikes was a wrong description really. Noise spikes I call them, and I set them so they are just showing over the bottom of the screen. Yes it is working in the on position as you so correctly described it, but when you press bias-t again they don't turn off.

I just wondered if this was a fault, that everyone had or just me. If it was everyone then the coder may want to know about it. I personally have no problem putting up with it, unless someone knows an easy way to fix it I think I have answered your questions, I hope so. I'm afraid the old grey matter is not what it used to be.

The English Cricket Team is tuning up well for the world cup, your soccer has been exciting (I listen to radio sports five) direct every morning when I wake up. But I must tell you too. The mighty All Blacks are looking menacing. :twisted:
Regards
zl2bmh/Jim

g1hbe

Post by g1hbe » Thu May 16, 2019 10:30 am

Jim
Yes we got the weather thanks, it's glorious here in the NW of England right now.
I haven't used the Bias T for a long time now, since I stopped listening for some weak satellite beacons using a mast-head pre-amp. I think it might be worth asking over on the SDRPlay facebook page, there are plenty of helpful people there. Or you could raise a ticket via the support tab on the main site here.
Don't mention the dreaded brain-fog. I'm 66 now and sometimes my brain just seems to stop dead....

Andy

ZL2BMH

Post by ZL2BMH » Fri May 17, 2019 7:17 am

Hi, Well I can give you a few years :) Thank you for your advice, it does appear a minor problem my end. I will head off to FB and see what they say.

All the very best meantime, and thank you again.
ZL2BMH/jIM