Rrequency incorrect

Discussions about everything to do with SDRuno
Robz

Rrequency incorrect

Post by Robz » Thu Jul 21, 2016 8:28 pm

Initial installation provided correct frequency calibration. However, not any more, the frequency is off by 80 Mhz. FM 88 to 108 Mhz now tunes 80 Mhz higher than should be.
Is there an initialization file, than can be deleted or reset back to default settings?
Also, I have not been successful receiving an ATSC digital TV spectrum. The ATSC digital spectrum is 6Mhz wide. A SR (sample rate) of 8Mhz and an IF bandwidth of 10Mhz should work fine. It works fine with HDSDR and SDRConsole software.

Suggestions are welcome.

Using:
SDRPlay receiver
Windows 10 64 bit OS
Intel i7 5th generation cpu
intel HD graphics 5500
Dell Insprion 13 Laptop
Two USB-3 ports. No USB-2 ports are available.
Last edited by Robz on Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am, edited 0 times in total.
Reason: No reason

Tech_Support

Re: Rrequency incorrect

Post by Tech_Support » Thu Jul 21, 2016 8:54 pm

Hello Robz,
You have a frequency offset set. On the Main Window, select SETT and then Offset. Ensure that 'OFFS1' is NOT highlighted and that 'NONE' IS highlighted. OFFS1 gives an 80 MHz offset, which is what you are seeing.
There is no reason why you shouldn't be seeing ATSC signals with SDRuno. Check that you don't have the gain set too high or the LNA turned off.

Yours sincerely

SDRplay Tech_Support
Last edited by Tech_Support on Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am, edited 0 times in total.

Robz

Post by Robz » Thu Jul 21, 2016 9:34 pm

You are correct, your instructions worked. I thought that the "calibration" offset would set the frequency. It works different than I expected; thank you for the clarification.
Also I verified that an ATSC TV spectrum can be viewed. The problem may have been related to the 80Mhz offset. Now works great!
Again, thank you,
Robert

Misterj

Post by Misterj » Thu Jul 21, 2016 9:41 pm

Robz, please be aware that when DTV became active many stations were allowed to keep their original channel number, not not necessarily the same frequency. You need to check what real channels are being used. In my case local channel 7 is using 174 - 180 MHz (real channel 7) but all the others have different real channels, i. e. the station showing channel 54 is actually on 680 - 686 MHz (real channel 49). See here. I discovered this information from my TV channel scan function.
Enjoy, John.
Last edited by Misterj on Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am, edited 0 times in total.

Robz

Post by Robz » Fri Jul 22, 2016 6:18 pm

John, thank you for your reply. Yes, I know about the real vs branded TV channels. I use the CDBS data files from the FCC website to find the current frequency. In addition, I wish the TV listed both the actual frequency and the branded one. It helps to know the actual frequency when selecting an antenna for off air reception.
The channels will change again, the incentive action of 2016 will claim an additional 120 Mhz for broadband use. TV broadcasting may disappear altogether after the auction is done. IMHO, this is way too much; enough is enough! I will spare the rage and stop here.