Feedback for version 0.9a here

Information and discussions on Spectrum Analysis
thomax

Re: Feedback for version 0.9a here

Post by thomax » Wed Oct 03, 2018 7:41 pm

Hi and thanks for the tool it is really nice platform to work with. A spectrumanalyser feature is nice and what I like to see sometimes especially for the SDRPLAY DUO is to do further signal analysis like:
1. calibrate and measure the phase difference between the two transceiver
2. calibrate the mag and phase to each other and see the difference in mag and phase
3. Make a time window and use it as a scope to show the complex IQ information
4. Statistically math like mean rms Vpp or in general a equation to bring the two signals together
5. This topics are interesting for the SDR duo device but maybe you can add different SDRs like hackrf which can be used perfect for tracking too.

there are a couple other nice features I can tink of and not sure what your phase gates are to bring this Spectrum Analyser further in the future

Thanks
Thomas
Last edited by thomax on Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am, edited 0 times in total.
Reason: No reason

K9AQ

Post by K9AQ » Mon Oct 08, 2018 12:27 pm

Steve,

This thread has been very quite for quite awhile. I hope that you are still planning on finishing the next release of the software. Do you have any idea when you might release it?

Don
K9AQ

Relayer

Post by Relayer » Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:47 pm

Program can't run if in international settings number separator different from "." (by example ","). Please fix this bug
Last edited by Relayer on Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am, edited 0 times in total.
UR5FFR

SteveAndrew

Post by SteveAndrew » Sun Oct 14, 2018 12:56 am

K9AQ wrote:This thread has been very quite for quite awhile. I hope that you are still planning on finishing the next release of the software. Do you have any idea when you might release it?
Yes, I am still working on the next release. There have been some delays due to major changes in some of the code, and some intermittent hardware problems with my PC. There have also been some changes to the interface and operation of the analyser. I hate trying to predict a release date, because the unexpected is always hiding around the corner, ready to make life difficult. If all goes well (and sometimes it does :lol: ) then I would hope there would be something ready to play with in time for Christmas.

Nearer the time I plan to post an update on the analyser, listing all the additions and changes that have been made. In the meantime, watch this space (next week or so) for some screenshots of the new software.

Best regards

Steve

SteveAndrew

Post by SteveAndrew » Sun Oct 14, 2018 1:05 am

Relayer wrote:Program can't run if in international settings number separator different from "." (by example ","). Please fix this bug
DJ0HF has posted...
I found in windows 10 I didn't need to change the region but just go into the region settings and simply change the decimal seperator to a '.' and you can keep the region unchanged.

The next release includes a fix for this problem.

Relayer

Post by Relayer » Sun Oct 14, 2018 11:31 am

This problem isn't clear for users - application terminated after start without any messages. I'm found conversion error in Windows journal, goggle about it reason and change international/region setting for fix it. Easy, but I'm a programmer :)
Last edited by Relayer on Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am, edited 0 times in total.
UR5FFR

DaveR

Post by DaveR » Mon Dec 10, 2018 10:45 pm

Hi Steve - just curious as to how you're getting on with the new version. Any chance of a quick update?

Regards,
Dave

sv6iep

Post by sv6iep » Fri Dec 21, 2018 2:19 pm

hi Steve
happy CHRISTMAS and the new year to bring the new updated version to work
regards
73 SV6IEP
Last edited by sv6iep on Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am, edited 0 times in total.

yo8can

Spectrum analyser compatibility with RSPduo

Post by yo8can » Fri Jan 25, 2019 1:11 pm

Helo,

My name is Romeo Gheorghian call sign YO8CAN. I would like to buy a RSPduo and use it also for spectrum analysis, to test oscillators, transmitters etc. Please let me know how RSPduo works with the actual Spectrum analyzer software: SAndrew_Spectrum_Installer_0.9a, I have read that mr. Yas JA8SCD has tested it with RSPduo also, please let me know if there are major issues. I would like to buy the RSPduo instead of a single channel RSP, and could wait until the SA software will be upgraded to work ok with RSPduo too. Advice please.

Best regards, Romeo YO8CAN
Last edited by yo8can on Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am, edited 0 times in total.

K9AQ

Post by K9AQ » Sat Jan 26, 2019 12:18 am

We have not heard from Steve since October. I sm hoping that he is still working on the project and hasn't given up.

Don
K9AQ