Modulation Domain Analyzer SW for SDRPLAY

Information and discussions on Spectrum Analysis
webrehm

Modulation Domain Analyzer SW for SDRPLAY

Post by webrehm » Wed Jul 18, 2018 8:44 pm

Steve

I expect that the SDR hardware would support SW for a modulation domain analyzer (MDA)
Here is an example
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lBLEfVUVGyU

Perhaps you could write SW that implements a MDA. This would be quite useful to many companies like mine, Silicon Labs.
I could see you selling the well done MDA SW for $1000 and it selling quite well.
Having an asynchronous logic level trigger input would be valuable but the Hardware for this could be implemented separately.

Have you thought of writing MDA SW?

tks
Dennis
Last edited by webrehm on Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am, edited 0 times in total.
Reason: No reason

SteveAndrew

Re: Modulation Domain Analyzer SW for SDRPLAY

Post by SteveAndrew » Wed Jul 18, 2018 11:13 pm

webrehm wrote:I expect that the SDR hardware would support SW for a modulation domain analyzer (MDA)
As you may be aware, the current version (0.9a) is more a proof of concept rather than a finished application. Currently I'm working on getting the analyser ready for a version 1.0 beta release. There are several changes being made, as well as additions to the software based on feedback received on this forum.That release will not include any form of modulation analysis, and will mainly be focused on getting wide-band sweeps implemented, along with several other changes, additions and bug fixes.

Version 2.0 is gently simmering on the back burner. I cannot be more specific at this stage, much will depend on the feedback received when V1.0 is released. All I can say is that the user interface will probably be undergoing a major redesign, and that modulation analysis is definitely being considered.

Reason: No reason