OMNICOM issues, RSP2 to TS-590S

An area to exchange hints and tips on various rig control software, also a place to ask the community questions if you are having problems.
Wintonian

OMNICOM issues, RSP2 to TS-590S

Post by Wintonian » Tue Oct 30, 2018 4:30 pm

Having problems in linking my TS-590S to RSP2 using Omnirig

The rig, the PC COM 3 port for rig USB and RIG1 on Omnicom are all set to the required parameters, with a baud rate of 57600.

The Device Manager PC can "see" the rig on COM 3 when rig is powered up. Also the Device Manager "sees" SDRplay (RSP2) under the heading Sound, video and game controllers with a port description Port_#0004.Hub_#0007 and is described as working properly,

That is as far as it goes! I understand that as well as listing the TS-590S with its communication settings in RIG1 and would expect to see RSPplay for the RSP2 SDR on RIG2 but not listed, though there are three other SDRs listed. ( I have set Omnirig to None in RIG2)

In the SDRuno Main panel ORIG I note RIG1 Type shows TS590 but with a status of "Rig is not configured" and "Not used" and at the bottom of the ORIG panel, "Connected to Omnirig server"

So total impasse, anyone any ideas where to go from here? I have noted several postings, including SDRplay videos who have not had a problem, but there are several others, like me who have!

RSP2user

Re: OMNICOM issues, RSP2 to TS-590S

Post by RSP2user » Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:19 am

I do not have a TA-5905 so I am unable to verify or test the issue. However, I have connected the RSP2 with SDRuno to other devices and software using the serial port interface. I have found that using a serial port greater than serial port 8 can be an issue for compatibility for some applications and that you need to further verify that the serial port you wish to use for this application is not already being applied on the PC with another application. What I have also found is that for applications where the SDRuno software was communicating with another software application via the serial port interface (no external cables), I needed additional software to ensure that the transmit side of one serial port was connected to the receive side of the other serial port and vice versa. The software that I applied to ensure proper virtual serial port connection was Virtual Serial Port Emulator (VSPE) available at http://www.eterlogic.com/Products.VSPE.html . If you are using a hardware cable connection from the PC to the TS-5905, then VSPE should not be necessary. If you are using SDRuno software to communicate with other software via the serial port, then you may need VSPE. One other item to note is that on the serial port, SDRuno accepts Kenwood compatible commands.

Reason: No reason

N7XRD

Post by N7XRD » Sat Nov 10, 2018 3:40 pm

Wintonian wrote:Having problems in linking my TS-590S to RSP2 using Omnirig

The rig, the PC COM 3 port for rig USB and RIG1 on Omnicom are all set to the required parameters, with a baud rate of 57600.

The Device Manager PC can "see" the rig on COM 3 when rig is powered up. Also the Device Manager "sees" SDRplay (RSP2) under the heading Sound, video and game controllers with a port description Port_#0004.Hub_#0007 and is described as working properly,

That is as far as it goes! I understand that as well as listing the TS-590S with its communication settings in RIG1 and would expect to see RSPplay for the RSP2 SDR on RIG2 but not listed, though there are three other SDRs listed. ( I have set Omnirig to None in RIG2)

In the SDRuno Main panel ORIG I note RIG1 Type shows TS590 but with a status of "Rig is not configured" and "Not used" and at the bottom of the ORIG panel, "Connected to Omnirig server"

So total impasse, anyone any ideas where to go from here? I have noted several postings, including SDRplay videos who have not had a problem, but there are several others, like me who have!
I have a 590SG in the Main Settings of SDRuno mine shows Rig Type TS-590 Rig Status Online and at the bottom connected to Omni Rig server??

N7XRD

Post by N7XRD » Sat Nov 10, 2018 3:46 pm

Omni Rig settings

TS-590
Com 9
8 bits data
none
1 stop bits
high
high

hope this helps.

N7XRD

Post by N7XRD » Sat Nov 10, 2018 3:57 pm

One last suggestion is in the SDRuno RX Control Window I have to have the RSYN1 button pushed to control radio...

PR2Monster

Post by PR2Monster » Wed Mar 06, 2019 1:52 pm

Hello!
And I also had a problem. only in the fact that I have Windows 10, I also spent time searching for the program, as a result I had to stop at the virtual com port driver (https://www.virtual-serial-port.org).
Did you manage to delete ports that were opened by other applications?
And did you have a conflict when reassigning the port?
Thx
Last edited by PR2Monster on Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am, edited 0 times in total.
Reason: No reason