adc overload

General discussions
Abrassart

adc overload

Post by Abrassart » Sat Oct 20, 2018 12:01 pm

hello all,
just a question please,i am not very tecnik,when i use rsp1 and rsp1a ,i have always difficulties and on my screen "overload adc",whith hdsdr and sdruno,last version.
Somebody say me why and how to do avoid this problem.
Thanks for advance
léon

Reason: No reason

glovisol

Re: adc overload

Post by glovisol » Sat Oct 20, 2018 12:36 pm

It is very likely the PC you are using does not have enough speed and/or RAM capacity for supporting your RSP receiver. As a minimum guideline you should use a PC with a dual core 2 GHz processor and a RAM of at leats 2.5 GHz. With these minimum requirements you will be able to open just one VRX.

The USB cable connecting PC to RSP receiver is a critical component: it should be a quality cable with double shield and ferrite suppressors at both ends.

Furthermore you should shut down all other applications while you are using SDRuno.

For more info you should state what PC, what processor, what RAM and what operating system you are using.

Tech_Support

Post by Tech_Support » Sat Oct 20, 2018 12:49 pm

Abrassart wrote:hello all,
just a question please,i am not very tecnik,when i use rsp1 and rsp1a ,i have always difficulties and on my screen "overload adc",whith hdsdr and sdruno,last version.
Somebody say me why and how to do avoid this problem.
Thanks for advance
léon
Hello Leon,
ADC overload indicates that your gain is too high and you risk overloading the ADC. This will not cause any damage, but will lead to intermodulation and poor performance. Firstly, ensure that your IF AGC is enabled and then if the message persists, reduce the RF gain (or increase the RF attenuation).

Sincerely

Tech_Support

Abrassart

Post by Abrassart » Mon Oct 22, 2018 4:48 am

hello,

Thanks for your answers ,for the pc,i have an HP 2,8 processor intel and 6 gigas ram and an acer i3 2,4 processor intel and 6 gigas ram also,if the problem come with the cable ,where i find the good cable to stop that.
I make also that to say me the tech support.
Very thanks,i try and say after.
Best regards
leon