Useing team viewer (and another Rasp PI vertual viewer)

General discussions
Johnny1234

Useing team viewer (and another Rasp PI vertual viewer)

Post by Johnny1234 » Tue Dec 11, 2018 8:21 am

Hi Gents,

I wanted to build a PC, Windows 10 with Rizen 5 (or 7) processor and 8 Mb RAM to run SDR Play (straight forward enough so far i think)..should do that easily enough!

Then..... i wanted use a Rasp Pi 3 run Team viewer (which you can do) and use the PI 3 and 7 (Or 10 Inch) touch screen on a separate (close) location connecting via WiFi, and control the Windows PC via the Touchscreen on the Pi.

(I will purchase a Wi Fi enabled Mother board and the Pi 3 has Wi Fi embedded) so in theory i can see no reason this would not work, a sort of poor mans Flex radio :mrgreen:

Any one done this already?

Cheers Johnny
Last edited by Johnny1234 on Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am, edited 0 times in total.
Reason: No reason

MarkHirst

Re: Useing team viewer (and another Rasp PI vertual viewer)

Post by MarkHirst » Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:11 pm

I toyed with the idea of using Remote Desktop to control a PC running SDRUno, but the thing that didn't work at all was the rendering of the spectrum views and waterfall. These performed really badly and the rapid screen updates choked the responsiveness of the RDP session. I've also used TeamViewer when helping out family members struggling with browser video issues, and rapid screen changes lagged badly there too.

Mark

Shortwave Signals skill for Alexa - Your programme guide to Shortwave Broadcasting - UK - USA

Johnny1234

Re: Useing team viewer (and another Rasp PI vertual viewer)

Post by Johnny1234 » Wed Dec 12, 2018 4:02 am

Hi Mark,

Thank you for the reply, that's a pity, still i don't know if using another Rasp Pi virtual viewer would reveal less latency in the video???--I there must be a way to implement the "poor mans Flex radio" with SDR Uno and a Pi touchscreen? (Or a Raspi alternative) but i have 3 Pis doing nothing, be good to use them! :mrgreen:

Cheers

John
Last edited by Johnny1234 on Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am, edited 0 times in total.