Install Question

General discussions
WA2SQQ

Install Question

Post by WA2SQQ » Fri Oct 14, 2016 9:41 pm

Received my SDRplay today and I'm about to start installing software. I've read the instructions, and 'm still confused. The SDRuno file says it contains the installer, yet other instructions say to install the API first. Is the "API" te "installer"?

Also, when I begin the installation, should the SDRplay be connected to my PC, or is it connected after the software is installed?
I'm using Windows 7

Thanks
Last edited by WA2SQQ on Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am, edited 0 times in total.
Reason: No reason

Misterj

Re: Install Question

Post by Misterj » Fri Oct 14, 2016 11:59 pm

WA2SQQ, SDRuno contains the DRIVER and all else you need to use the SDRPlay for normal listening. Unless you plan on using the Mirics HW or interfacing your SW with the SDRPlay, I don't think you need anything else. I installed all the stuff on the Start Here page on my DT but when I used my LT, I installed only SDRuno. The installer (DL here) will tell you when to connect your SDR. Good luck and enjoy, John.

WA2SQQ

Post by WA2SQQ » Tue Oct 18, 2016 5:21 pm

Thanks - I got it working.
Is there a link that describes how to integrate the SWL database that is written by the person in Germany? Will SDRuno import it directly, or is some sort of interface software required? I'm thinking, the later is going to be required.
Last edited by WA2SQQ on Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am, edited 0 times in total.

NN4F

Post by NN4F » Mon Oct 24, 2016 9:00 pm

WA2SQQ wrote:Thanks - I got it working.
Is there a link that describes how to integrate the SWL database that is written by the person in Germany? Will SDRuno import it directly, or is some sort of interface software required? I'm thinking, the later is going to be required.
look at our cook book, the back section has step by step guide for the database... Http://www.nn4f.com/index.php/sdrplay-guides.html

Paul - NN4F

--
Paul Jones - NN4F, Charleston SC
http://www.facebook.com/groups/SDRPlay