New RSP2 user, trouble installing

General discussions
GerryL

New RSP2 user, trouble installing

Post by GerryL » Sat Dec 31, 2016 2:12 pm

OK, I didn't think I was a complete idiot with regard to computers, but this may prove me wrong. I just received my RSP2 yesterday, but have failed miserably at getting it to install. I've tried a newer Windows 10 desktop, and an old ancient XP laptop. No luck on either. Here is what I've done:
-I've done the start here thing, after disabling anti-virus
-selected and downloaded appropriate program according to operating system
-installed

I seem to not be getting the proper drivers...but I am not sure. Device manage shows drivers installed, but RSP2 is not found when trying to run the program. I do hear the connect chime when plugin into usb.

Any thoughts?
I'll attach a screenshot.
Attachments
error_w10r.jpg
error_w10r.jpg (143.65 KiB) Viewed 17881 times
Last edited by GerryL on Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am, edited 0 times in total.
Reason: No reason

GerryL

Re: New RSP2 user, trouble installing

Post by GerryL » Sat Dec 31, 2016 3:09 pm

Here is a little bigger screenshot to be able to see it better.
Attachments
error_w10r2.jpg
error_w10r2.jpg (213.08 KiB) Viewed 17869 times

GerryL

Post by GerryL » Sat Dec 31, 2016 3:21 pm

And after installing, if I connect, disconnect, then reconnect the RSP2 I get a different error in device manager. Please see attached.
I have repeatedly uninstalled, deleted, re-downloaded, re-installed, retried...etc to no avail on 2 computers. I've tried downloading SDRUno, HDSDR, EXTIO plugins. All antivirus is disabled AFAIK. I'm 4-5 hours into this and am out of ideas.
RSP2 and usb cable purchased new from HRO, just received yesterday.
Attachments
error2r.jpg
error2r.jpg (149.21 KiB) Viewed 17869 times

DanubeBCL

Post by DanubeBCL » Sat Dec 31, 2016 5:13 pm

Such Windows driver hickups are difficult to comment from the "distance".
As problems occur on two different PCs I suspect a failure in the USB cable or (hopefully not) the RSP.
Have you tried a different USB cable?
Have you tried to install the software as an administrator? (Not the big remedy, but one could give it a try.)

BTW: The virus scanner you are using is certainly not the cause. I installed SDRuno and the drivers several times without deactivating the virus control.
73, Heinrich

GerryL

Post by GerryL » Sat Dec 31, 2016 5:41 pm

Thanks for your thoughts on this. I just got it working. Here is my post from the FB forum explaining what ultimately got it to work.

Got it! Thanks to all of your for the offer of help and suggestions. I am not sure if it was the coffee break, rear usb port, or the threat of calling my old friend David. :) Actually, what seems to have ultimately worked on this computer was going into device manager, and going through all the steps to manually select and update the driver...twice, with a reboot each time. The second time it found the RSP2 and I am now a happy camper. :D This thing is amazing!

arihunta

Post by arihunta » Fri Jul 20, 2018 5:09 pm

Just chipping here, as I experienced something similar -- there was an error in the device manager (see attached image). I went through the wizard at https://www.sdrplay.com/start-here/, which resulted in me logging a support ticket. Got some stellar support from Mike from SDRplay support, and after some debugging, he eventually asked me to disable "core isolation memory integrity" in my Windows settings, and this worked!
Attachments
rsp2_driver_error.png
rsp2_driver_error.png (53.55 KiB) Viewed 15746 times
Last edited by arihunta on Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am, edited 0 times in total.

Wolfenbarger

Post by Wolfenbarger » Sat Jul 21, 2018 2:16 pm

Hi Arihunta, what version of Windows are you running on? This didn't work for me but I have access to a few machines that have all different versions of Windows so I hope I can get this to run on one of them.
Last edited by Wolfenbarger on Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am, edited 0 times in total.
This is why this informative Noocube review is written by experts.