How do I make my SDR wireless using a raspberrypi3?

General discussions
bubblegumpi

How do I make my SDR wireless using a raspberrypi3?

Post by bubblegumpi » Thu Jan 19, 2017 4:37 am

I have a raspberry pi 3 and want to make the SDR wireless with my lap top (windows 10). Any ways to do this? I was thinking make the Pi dedicated to the SDR where it just runs sdruno all the time and disconnect the screen and stuff once its set up. Then somehow get into the pi and control the sdruno. Be a cool combination you could even build the sdr and pi into one box just a power sdrplay hooked up. You could put this where it would be hard to wie an antenna. with a battery and possibly a solar panel you could put it in a tree

Reason: No reason

NoelC

Re: How do I make my SDR wireless using a raspberrypi3?

Post by NoelC » Thu Jan 19, 2017 5:29 am

A wireless interface would nicely resolve concerns of bringing lightning right into the computer system via the antenna.

-Noel

bubblegumpi

Re: How do I make my SDR wireless using a raspberrypi3?

Post by bubblegumpi » Sat Jan 21, 2017 11:53 pm

NoelC wrote:A wireless interface would nicely resolve concerns of bringing lightning right into the computer system via the antenna.

-Noel
This seems to be a popular topic. I asked this on the raspberrypi forum, but no results. Is there another use that would serve our same purpose. I think we would should pool our resources and figure this out.

I was on ada fruit today trying to see if there is another thing where we could use that is the same principle. I.E. Like a remote weather station where we could copy its set up. Why is this so hard it seems so simple.