SDRuno and DAB FM Digital Sidebands?

General discussions
Flockle

Re: SDRuno and DAB FM Digital Sidebands?

Post by Flockle » Tue Aug 15, 2017 12:51 pm

Back in February, Tech_Support wrote:
We do actually plan to add DAB demodulation and decoding to SDRuno, but we have no schedule for it just yet.

Is there any update to the schedule to introduce this DAB decoding. Or, anyway of a plug in to decode DAB. I've just purchased the RSP2pro knowing full well it cant decode DAB but I've also purchased a stick to allow me receive DAB. I don't begrudge the situation of almost £200 plays £30 and £200 doesn't receive DAB, but it would be nice if it did. And I appreciate it will involve a bit of work.

Phil
Last edited by Flockle on Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am, edited 0 times in total.
Reason: No reason

Tech_Support

Post by Tech_Support » Tue Aug 15, 2017 4:59 pm

Hello Phil,
I am afraid that we still don't have a schedule for incorporating DAB within SDRuno, but I can assure you that it will get done. Unfortunately, I cannot say when as we have a long list of features and improvements to make with SDRuno. In the meantime, you might want to look at SDR-J as it provides DAB support for the RSP2 on the Raspberry Pi. We have included this software in the Raspberry Pi image that we provide as a download for the RSP on our webpage.

Sincerely

SDRplay Tech_Support

martinirob

Post by martinirob » Tue Aug 15, 2017 6:42 pm

I've used the Mirics FlexiTV FMDABPlayer with great success with the RSP2
Last edited by martinirob on Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am, edited 0 times in total.

NoelC

Post by NoelC » Wed Aug 23, 2017 2:00 am

Lately I've begun to notice audio distortion (on all radios, not just my SDRPlay RSP1) in this area in analog signals from a number of analog FM stations. It's almost as though they have chosen to screw up their equalizer settings on purpose, presumably to try to push people to their digital service.

My hat is not tinfoil, it's gold lined tungsten. :ugeek:

-Noel

g7jur

Post by g7jur » Tue Nov 28, 2017 3:44 pm

DanubeBCL wrote:
NoelC wrote:Is there no additional audio bandwidth? Some claims of "CD quality audio" have been put forth.
They also claim this for DAB radio. In fact several DAB stations have a quality less than mp3.
73, Heinrich
DAB radio is mp2, but DAB plus is AAC