Hello , sdrplay and linux newbee needs help

General discussions
geraldw321

Hello , sdrplay and linux newbee needs help

Post by geraldw321 » Fri Apr 07, 2017 10:53 am

Hello everryone.

Well this is a fine way too start. first ive read every post i see here for linux and gqrx and whatever else i could find i thought was helpful, and im finaally thoroughly confused. (please excuse trying, i have a torn rotator cuff and am typing with my let side)

I havev a new rsp2, a mini whip antenna, and a discone antenna for general listening. And a clean install of black lab linux(based on ubuntu and debian, nice distro)

Now I need software too run everything. i used gqrx for running rtlsdr dongle , i liked that but it has issues with sdrplay?

what should i be using and i need something easy too install im not that good with linux yet as far as compiling software and such.

Many thanks
Last edited by geraldw321 on Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am, edited 0 times in total.
Reason: No reason

octave9

Re: Hello , sdrplay and linux newbee needs help

Post by octave9 » Sun Apr 09, 2017 10:49 am

Hi Gerald,

I hope you weren't put off by my posts on Linux support. I've used Linux for many years as my primary OS, but I admit I got in a mess trying to get CubicSDR installed correctly. Also, sorry to hear of your injury. Sounds really painful.

Since my last post here on the subject, I installed a fresh Linux Mint-18, which is also ubuntu/Debian based, on a spare partition and followed the steps in the SDRplay non Windows Flow document at http://www.sdrplay.com/docs/SDRplay_non ... s_Flow.pdf

Be sure to download the file and open it in a Pdf viewer (I use Xreader) rather than copy command lines from your browser's render of it. You'll get fewer accidental line breaks that way, but do watch out for them. Particularly the longest single line which will split into three parts unless you copy it from this post ;)

It's:

Code: Select all

./configure --with-opengl --disable-shared --enable-monolithic --with-libjpeg --with-libtiff --with-libpng --with-zlib --disable-sdltest --enable-unicode --enable-display --enable-propgrid --disable-webkit --disable-webview --disable-webviewwebkit --prefix=`echo ~/Dev/wxWidgets-staticlib` CXXFLAGS="-std=c++0x"
I'm pretty convinced those instructions will get you a working CubicSDR install, if you follow them closely and watch out for pasted command lines getting split up. I'll be happy to help if you get stuck.

I really hope SDRUno can be ported to Linux & Mac at some stage. My radios are confined to Windows 7 until then. Not too keen on Cubic, personally.

Good dx,
John.

Reason: No reason